San Fran Rehab

kellee

you name it and it is messed up.!!

I have no instructions for the house... you can see it in my gallery... I have taken all the insides out now... On one side there is only one window for each the upstairs & Downstairs. I have seen a few pictures of the house and I believe there is supposed to be 3 on each of the floors on each side.

The walls & stairs I cannot remember how they were put in....

THere are no windows in this house just the holes.! and I am very frustrated with the house.!

kellee

Don't think of it as "messed up", and "without instructions". Instead, think of it as a nearly-blank canvass, a house shell that you can finish any way you want. Who cares how the stairs "are supposed" to go in?? Think about where you want them, then put them there. You want more windows? Go to a site like www.miniatures.com, check out the windows, and when you find ones you like, cut openings to fit. and then buy the windows to go in there. Or measure the openings that are there already, get windows to fit those, and cut new openings where you want them.

For me, that's the most fun of rehabbing..I don't worry about "what is supposed to be there". I just put it together in a way that suits me. The two I've done that way have worked out pretty well, I think (Brimble and Washington, in my gallery).

Kellee, having almost finished the rehab on my messed-up San Franciscan my advice is to read what Uppity Cats posted! I tried to make it all look like a picture I found on the web and was getting so frustrated. One day my hubby said, "Hey, it's your house - gut and it do it the way YOU want to." I listened and now I'm happy with it (even the parts I had to "hide" because I couldn't fix them).

I cut out larger doorways so I could install working doors and even added a small window in an area that didn't have one. Stand back and look at it then imagine how you want it to look - take notes, draw pictures and then start putting it together.

Victoria

Here's a picture from newt's dh blog of the 550. It looks like yours. You can find a set of instructions for the 557 here. I know it's not the same one, but it might be helpful.

Pam, Thank You... I thought there were supposed to be windows on both sides of the bays!! and according to the link you sent me there is not.!!!

Kellee

Don't think of it as "messed up", and "without instructions". Instead, think of it as a nearly-blank canvass, a house shell that you can finish any way you want. Who cares how the stairs "are supposed" to go in?? Think about where you want them, then put them there. You want more windows? Go to a site like www.miniatures.com, check out the windows, and when you find ones you like, cut openings to fit. and then buy the windows to go in there. Or measure the openings that are there already, get windows to fit those, and cut new openings where you want them.

For me, that's the most fun of rehabbing..I don't worry about "what is supposed to be there". I just put it together in a way that suits me. The two I've done that way have worked out pretty well, I think (Brimble and Washington, in my gallery).

This is exactly the reason I post when I get frustrated.!! There is always someone that puts a light in the tunnel.! Thank You so much.!! I brought it up to the living room sat it in front of my window where I can see it from anywhere in the living & dining roo, and from my Computer.! I am jotting down ideas... I am going to make the house as if it were built in the 1870s. so it is old, and weather beaten.!

I have a sdecret about this house that I am not going to share until it is finished.! but I am really excited about it.!

Thank YOu.

kellee

Kellee, having almost finished the rehab on my messed-up San Franciscan my advice is to read what Uppity Cats posted! I tried to make it all look like a picture I found on the web and was getting so frustrated. One day my hubby said, "Hey, it's your house - gut and it do it the way YOU want to." I listened and now I'm happy with it (even the parts I had to "hide" because I couldn't fix them).

I cut out larger doorways so I could install working doors and even added a small window in an area that didn't have one. Stand back and look at it then imagine how you want it to look - take notes, draw pictures and then start putting it together.

Victoria

I would love to see your pictures.! I am taking notes now and have alot of ideas now.!

Thank You so much !!

I am really excited about a little secret I have for this house. I cant wait until I get it done so I can share..

Kellee