Is this normal?

janinelewis

Oh, Casey...I'm sure you're a great person and what most people would consider "normal". I hate that word though. To me if you're not "normal" then something is wrong with you, and while there might be something different about you, who's to say that it is right or wrong! And when i"m using you here, i'm talking about people in general, not any particular person.

Back to the post topic...sorry, had to vent on that one, I think most of us have more than one house going on at once. I am the exception to the rule, due to lack of space. I also have a thing about wanting to get something complete (or at least original plan, complete) before moving on to the next. I do have a smaller mini project going on right now as well as the house, but not 2 houses. I say if you've got the space and want to work on more than one house, GO FOR IT!

Terri

Terri, I don't like the term normal either. That's why I say I'm not.....I don't think that there is any such thing a normal. If there were, we would all be building dollhouses. How boring would that be? We wouldn't have anyone to look at us funny when we said we build dollhouses. :)

Normal = Creative Multi-Tasker

Well I guess I'm not a multi-tasker at building dollhouses yet! I do admire you folks who can have so many projects going on at once! :( I believe I would get so confused building more than just one dollhouse at a time! :)

I blew it. I started a new topic on the first dollhouse forum and it really needed to go where the seasoned dollys are. Can you all help me?

newmember.gif

Group: New Member

User's local time:

Jul 4 2008, 06:02 PM

Member No.: 3,241

us.gif

spacer.gif

Hi all:

I'm not going to buy 10 houses to work on. I only really want one (although I currently have 3). I don't have a lot of cash to sink into it all at once, but I have a few hundred dollars coming my way within a couple of weeks. All this to say, I want ONE special house. One big enough for all of my furniture. One that is Victorian, hopefully with a round tower because I like the look. I want it to fit in my small house, so don't want it any wider than 3ft, nor deeper than about 25 inches. The only houses I've worked on are RGT products so far, so they've been easy and all the parts fit perfectly (I'm spoiled from what I've read from y'all). I love the RGT Glenwood because it reminds me of the sea for some reason. BUT, of course it doesn't have the tower... I can't afford, nor do I have the room for the RGT Queen Anne, but that is kinda the look I want for my one dollhouse. Does anyone have the answer(s)?

Thanks,

Lena

Have 5 houses in the basement, 2 on top of the kitchen cupboard, still 3 in the bedroom, one on top the pc desk, and my daughter has 3 in her bedroom, and there are still 2 kits sitting in their boxes in the hallway, so no you're not crazy, or I would be too! LOL! Almost all of them could be considered "finished", to the untrained eye, but to me they are all works of art in progress. I'll see something and just know what house is getting it. It's a never ending saga! Let there be houses!!!Lots and lots of houses!! HA HA HA HA HA!!!

I'm like Diana, I can only work on one dollhouse at a time. I would feel as though I were losing control if I tried to build more than one. Once a house is finished and all decorated inside, it's covered with a sheet of plastic and put up on a shelf. Never to be touched again. But while working on a house, I have many many small things I'm doing, making furniture, lamps or flowers or cross stitching, making rugs, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I only have room to work on one dh kit at a time. At the moment we're on the road, so that ain't happening. However, I have finished stitching the rug (still have to finish it off & fringe it) and crocheting the poinsettia bedspread for la casita, and I'm finishing the 1:12 longjohns with knitting the sleeves; I also brought along clay (DH gives me no time to set up to spend a day or two playing with it), a full-sized cross-stitch picture and a full-sized afghan to work on. At home I have mini more projects going on all at the same time.

I have the Hillsdale, Newberg and Greenleaf village besides the Adams being assembled. I also have several 1/48" houses assembled, waiting for me to pick out their colors. I am working on a bunch of furniture kits in between all of those (somehow). ROFL!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a wish list of 2 more homes and a ton of possibles. I was not going to get another house, but my DH bought one for my daughter, so I had to do it for her. That is not done, just needs touch up things. My RGT Woodstock is almost done, but as I sit and admire my work...I find more things to do. I am also working on re-finishing my grandma's house. I am purchasing things for homes that I don't even have - I NEED the Queen Anne and have a some furniture for her, and I also NEED the Duracraft Madison. Bad thing with the Madison is that I have to wait for my DH to order it off ebay, as I don't have an account. I am afraid they are going to go out of stock and I won't be able to get it. That is my grandma and grandpa's home.

• 4 years later...

I started with one... but then I needed a small project for camp, and had to build the camper. Then, of course, I started the Primrose/Whitney (can't recall the kit name, it comes in different brand and model names - and I'm too lazy to look it up). But, in the meantime, I wanted to make the Magic Shop. But hey! What a great idea for the Christmas swap, I'll do a 1/4 scale Christmas cottage!

Fell in love with 1/4 scale, and bought two more house kits, which came today.

And waiting in the garage is the soon-to-be haunted Fairfield, and another Duracraft kit.

Let's see - Finished Lafayette; finished camper; almost finished decorating magic shop; Primrose/? bash still needs outside finishing, landscaping, and what the heck to do with that kitchen; 1/4 scale Christmas cottage partially assembled.

Then in the garage, the 1:12 Duracraft; the 1/24 Fairfield; and the two 1/4 scale houses.

(I am also a knitter, and I've got enough knitting UFOs to populate a darn galaxy.)