Drum Roll Please..............

Lisa_F

Today marks one month since I put my last cigarette out! :) I actually think I'm gonna make it this time!

Had a close call this past weekend, I had the house to myself, dh & ds were off camping for the weekend and I was rummaging around in my desk for something and stumbled across an unopened pack of cigarettes. I just left it there & went about my business, but later that afternoon I got to thinking about that pack sitting there and how if I actually smoked - there was no one around to know and I could always just try again the next day - afterall - lots of people have relapses & I hadn't had a single one!

I can't believe I was even thinking such thoughts!!!!! I must've argued with myself for a few hours, going back & forth from "it would be so nice to relax with one" to "absolutely not, are you #&%#* crazy???"

After a few hours, I told myself (in my most stern parental voice possible :( ) that I was not going to mess up so many days of no smoking, and even if nobody else ever knew, I would! I got up out of my chair and grabbed the pack of cigarettes and took it into the kitchen & cut it in half with a sharp knife & threw it away. After I did that I felt a silly sense of relief, like, "there, the problem's solved" Must've been a symbolic thing I guess, because there was nothing stopping me from going to the store to get some if I really wanted to - but I didn't really want to - my fight was just with that pack in particular. Since I cut it in half & threw it away, the idea of wanting to just "relax" with one didn't bother me again the whole weekend.

Silly huh? At any rate, one month smoke free today!!!!

I'd add some trumpet blasts to that drum roll! Good for you!

It's the mind games that show how far you've come. You didn't fall for all those excuses your subconscious came up with. Cutting the pack in half was like slaying a dragon! Now, reward yourself by visiting your miniatures.

And keep up the good work!

Congratulation!!!!!!

I know that battle. I fought it too. But corwardly I put the cigarettes in the freezer (an open pack). I forgot it until one day it fell out when I got a pack of meat out. I threw it away then. I was finally brave enough.

You were much braver :):( ^_^ :grrr::banana:

I want to thank Lisa publicly for such a quick response when I sent her a private message about the Chantix.

Lisa, I just wanted you to know I took my first pill yesterday and my quit date is July 9 so everyone wish me luck. My friend/co-worker is quitting with me so I think that will help tremendously especially while at work.

My fiance says he will also quit or at least not smoke at the house or around me. I think this will be one of the toughest things to accomplish in my life but the smartest.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Congratulations to all of you who are in the process or have quit! It's not easy and I speak from experience. I've been smoke free for over two years. There are still moments where I would like to have one but....I remember the real struggle I went through to get to this point. Again, congratulations for your decision to kick it to the curb. You will benefit in the long run in so many ways....more money for minis for one....heeheheeee......

Elicia

Thank you for the support everyone, you are all so great! Having support and someone to cheer you on makes such a difference!

Lisa, I just wanted you to know I took my first pill yesterday and my quit date is July 9 so everyone wish me luck. My friend/co-worker is quitting with me so I think that will help tremendously especially while at work.

Way to go Sharon!!! You can do this! I'll be right here cheering you on too!