What is your favorite dollhouse and dollhouse brand ever!!??

Guest Nathaniel

Guest Nathaniel

Hello everyone,

I am just wondering what everyone's favorite dollhouse is? If you have more than one that is fine, but try to narrow it down to one, or 2 or 3. Also, what is your favorite brand or brands of houses???

I was looking at pictures of the Madison by Duracraft. I dont have that house yet but I really LOVE the look of it, its so beautiful yet cute with all of its peaks and trim. I love it! Anyways, I have alot of favorites, like the Garfield or Pierce (which I have) but I also really like all of the Lawbre houses (which I will probably will never own - but would like to someday). I really like the Rosedawn Plantation house. Although I am particularly fond of the more rare houses. I really like Greenleaf and Duracraft for brands. Not a huge RGT fan, but am a fan nonetheless.

Anyways, what is everyone else's favorite house or houses and favorite brand or brands of dollhouses??? It can be one you own or would like to own....just curious!

-Nathaniel :}

Right now I'm on my sixth house, everyone is Greenleaf! I've always said the McKinley was my favorite, I've built two. But, the more I work on my Beacon Hill, I think it may become my favorite! :)

Hands down Earth and Tree's Glencliffe. However, now that I have my truly gigantic Joseph Angel House that I am planning on doing in a fabulous Queen Anne style, I don't really have room for another huge house. So my Joseph Angel may become my favorite ever. :) But I do love the look of the Glencliffe. Lawbre's Shadow Cliff is another fav. With me it's the Queen Anne style all the way.

Hmmm....tough one

I've only worked with 3 different brands...Greenleaf, DuraCraft and RGT, and out of the three I like RGT the best. Though I do plan on getting a Lawbre in the far off future, and I've heard that Lawbre houses are top notch in terms of quality and sturdiness. So in the future Lawbre might be my fav. company.

I will say that in terms of customer service, I've had the best with Greenleaf.

As far as which dollhouse is my fav.....I'll have to go with the Shadow Cliff by Lawbre. Of the ones that I own, I don't know if I could really pick one. I'm falling more and more in love with my Queen Anne as I build it. But I also love my MHM, Newport and the Glencroft.

I don't think I could really pick just one.

I only have Greenleaf houses. My Brimble is my favorite, and the others (Washington, Garfield, Brookwood, Country House and Emerson Row still in boxes) vie for second place. I had a RGT once...bought it as a shell, had it hanging around for awhile, sold it. Never could get fond enough of it to spend any $$ on it, but would spend a fortune on Greenleaf houses...

Hands down Earth and Tree's Glencliffe. However, now that I have my truly gigantic Joseph Angel House that I am planning on doing in a fabulous Queen Anne style, I don't really have room for another huge house. So my Joseph Angel may become my favorite ever. :) But I do love the look of the Glencliffe. Lawbre's Shadow Cliff is another fav. With me it's the Queen Anne style all the way.

I have to agree with you! The Glencliff is awesome. I have no room to build mine at present but the kit looks great. I love the potential to finish this one.

I think the Glencliff is my favorite all around dollhouse, but I really love my Glencroft, it has so much character.

I was looking at pictures of the Madison by Duracraft. I dont have that house yet but I really LOVE the look of it, its so beautiful yet cute with all of its peaks and trim. I love it! -Nathaniel :}

Nathaniel, I just finished building the Madison by Duracraft. It's a lovely house from the outside, but the room spaces aren't very practical. I gave it to my DIL before I could take pictures of how I furnished the inside, but she assures me she'll take pictures and email them to me....I'm not a very patient person...and that was three days ago... :)

Nathaniel, I just finished building the Madison by Duracraft. It's a lovely house from the outside, but the room spaces aren't very practical. I gave it to my DIL before I could take pictures of how I furnished the inside, but she assures me she'll take pictures and email them to me....I'm not a very patient person...and that was three days ago... :)

i agree. i almost got one until i saw the inside, if i ever got one i would bash the heck out of it because i love the outside but hate the room layout

Well....... This is the "Greenleaf Forum" :( Of course my favorite BRAND is Greenleaf :) !! MY favorite house is the Glencroft & the Orchid. I love those two designs so much. I think I love the Chantilly & the Willowcrest the best out of the discontinued ones.

I do like other brands, but my favorite to build is Greenleaf ^_^

Well....... This is the "Greenleaf Forum" :( Of course my favorite BRAND is Greenleaf :) !! MY favorite house is the Glencroft & the Orchid. I love those two designs so much. I think I love the Chantilly & the Willowcrest the best out of the discontinued ones.

I do like other brands, but my favorite to build is Greenleaf ^_^

Tracy I agree, I LOVE the Chantilly and the Willowcrest!

I may build my Willowcrest after I finish my Granville rehab.

My favorite dollhouse kit ever is definitely the Willowcrest. I don't have one :( but if it's ever re-issued I plan to be one of the very first people in line to get mine!

Greenleaf is my favorite dollhouse brand, of course :) Ya gotta love a company that makes kits like the Willowcrest, Beacon Hill, Adams, etc. The Adams, by the way, is one kit everyone should have in their collection of kits. It is just the cutest little house & goes together like a dream and it is sooooo versatile. I am almost finished with mine, just some interior decorating to do and some landscaping.

My favorite dollhouse though is not a kit house, it is my custom built front-opening dollhouse. It's still just in its shell form, but someday in the not too distant future I'm gonna start actually working on it! lol

That would be like asking a mom which child she loves the most, lol. My first was RGT , and it was easy and beautiful. The Bayberry is awesome too. I am bashing the Orchid right now, and am enjoying it very much. The Willowcrest will be next (I think). As for the out of my league money wise, any Lawbre, and I truly covet the Hampstead by Sid Cooke. Maybe if I ever win the lottery.

Ive built several brands of dollhouses but my favorite are the Greenleaf. The Beacon Hill is of course my all time favorite. Im sure you all know what a BH fanatic I am. Now the tough part. A close second is the Willowcrest and the next on the list are the Garfield and Emerson Row.

I like BUNGALOWS! I am building the Fantasy Craft Craftsman bungalow, which looks just like a Sears Bungalow. RGT makes the Tamarack, and Earth and Tree has the Rye. I would love to get those and begin my very own historic district.

If Greenleaf made a bungalow, I would buy one (hint, hint).

I also love my Greenleaf Travel Trailer kit.

3 Cheers for Greenleaf, all the way. My all time favorite house is my Beacon Hill. I truly love the style. My favorite for ease of build was the Washington 2.0, it practically assembled itself inspite of the somewhat vague directions, as to when and what to glue. It's all followed quite closely with my present build, the Willow. It's big! I love my "Mystery Tabbie", because it is tab-n-slot assembly, so it was fairly easy to rehab the poor soul. I have built about 12 houses now, and the best have been The Greenleaf's/Corona's, ('cause for the most part I'm really crappy with nails, and hammers, triple ouch and a few swear words can be inserted here!) These are the kits I'm able to build 100% by myself!! I have a beautiful RGT lemon twist with both additions, a Cranberry with 2 wings added as well, and the Adirondac log cabin. I wanted a front opening for a specific kitchen set I wanted to display, and did buy a Strawberry Patch with both wings, for that reason. I'm stalling on assembling,'cause I'll need DH'S help... Got to pick the right time. So enough rambling, my vote is for ALL the Greenleaf houses.

They are ALL my favorite houses Nathanial! But the Glencroft, Garfield, McKinley, Pierce are about my favorites. I suppose if I had a BH that one would be included too, but truly after working on a house, don't they become your favorites? I never met a dollhouse I didn't like - they all have a feature here and there you just have to have!

I have three faves and they are all different brands. My all time favourite is my Beacon Hill, from Greenleaf. Then there is the Foxhall Manor from RGT and then there is the Farmhouse 500 from Duracraft.

Greenleaf Houses are the best. If I had all the time in the world and an endless money supply I would build them all! Maybe even twice!

But I will say that I am extremely fond of the old Artply and Dura-Craft designs as well.... Like the Rutherford, the Granville, the Barrington etc.

I love all the houses that I've built, but the one I had to buy no matter what cost was the RGT Lighthouse. Another dollhouse I lusted after was the Duracraft Farmhouse, and thanks to a fellow member, I was finally able to get one after years of longing and finally giving up on it. I'm so glad I held off on the HBS 50% off sale in April because I was able to afford it now.

I also have a someday wishlist for the Glencroft, Brookwood, and Lily.