½" Scale Dollhouses

PATBIDLACK

Or you can go to www.miniatures.com and go to dollhouses, then special scale, then 1/2 scale. The advantage of this site is that Ernie (the ower) offers 10% off all online sales and if you get on the email list, you get emails about special sales. Most are 20% off total order, but the normal 10% isn't good for that. And the Biggie is that on April 1st he will give you 50% off one item. That can mean major bucks saved. I know I saved almost $100 on the fairfield with the upgrade I bought. And with the price of some houses, like the RGT Queen Anne, it can be MUCH more.

Terri

The most disappointing thing with half inch scale is that there is so little available to furnish it. I hate the Aztec 1/2 scale minis - too chunky. The Bespaq and Cassidy Creation kits are great, but limited. There isn't much else available. And then don't even get me started on accessories! I'd love to make more dollhouses in half scale but it's so limiting.

Thanks for all the info. I only want a 1/2 for a birthday present for someone. It will be a clown bed and breakfast for someone who is a professional clown. I know this sounds crazy but I think it will be cute.

As far as accessories I figured I'd make what was needed out of clay.

Tracy's website is www.minisontheedge.com. Another great website. She's also got a 34 piece 1/2 scale furniture kit. The price is quite reasonable. And she usually has some for sale on ebay for less. Her name there is toppdollar.

Back to miniatures.com, they also have lots of 1/2 scale furniture and building components. I haven't checked out accessories or lighting.

Terri

Real Good Toys has a 1/2" scale dollhouse, and there are others. Check out Hobby Builder's Supply. They have several models they are offering plus a Spanish Hacienda!

Not trying to make Wolfie feel bad or anything else...but Hobby Builder's Supply and miniatures.com are the same. Miniatures.com is HBS's online store.

But, they HAVE a spanish hacienda? Cool. I've been staying off there because I can't buy minis right now.

Terri

OMG I feel Awful! I made a foo-pah! Yes, I know they are one and the same silly, it was a test for you Terri! LOL

I want a Spanish Hacienda in real life, but only if Zorro lives there with me!

• 3 weeks later...
Hobby Builder's Supply...have several models they are offering plus a Spanish Hacienda!

gallery_8_1766_208484.jpgI'm building it; HBS called it a "pueblo" dh kit.

The most disappointing thing with half inch scale is that there is so little available to furnish it.
In addition to the kits I've found at Ron's and the Atlanta mini show last Fall I have LOTS of how-tos from the mini magaines for 1:24 furniture & accessories, as well as 1:48.

gallery_8_1766_102945.jpgI have pictures (still in the camera) of the cane-bottom ladderback chairs I made from scratch to go with the kitchen table I made from a kit, as well as the icebox and kitchen dresser kits made up, and the stove I made from the DHM how-to article (I used basswood instead of cardboard). I have also made up the bed kit & bedding and a walnut filigree tea table (sewing thread is 'way too coarse for 1:24 doillies!). I have also crocheted a poinsettia bedspread and stitched an Anasazi rug for the salita grande (now there's an oxymoron for ya!); when I get home I need to stitch corrdinating upholstery to replace on the wire wicker set I got.