Got My CraigsList Houses

Tess11

I got my two Craigslist houses today. As we were putting the HUGE Victorian Times house in the back of my Dad's truck, I noticed a signature on the bottom. It said "Victorian Times JP Angel #88." Seems I have Joseph Angel house.

That's good right? I couldn't find much about it on the internet, except that it is a miniature reproduction of a Victorian mansion that was located in the west hills of Portland Oregon. I saw a few posts about it here and it looks like this may be a rare find. I added some pictures in my gallery.

The other house turns out NOT to be 1/2 scale, but 1 inch scale. It is a RGT house, a Houseworks one and Victorian, not Georgian. I added pictures in my Gallery as well. This one has been started and needs some TLC, but it's neat because it's front opening.

I'm pretty exhausted. Picking up these houses and getting them home took me most of the day, but I'm quite excited. I had to share a picture of my messy work room. It's dollhouses, dollhouses everywhere!

post-1697-1214805517_thumb.jpg

ooo I love the Joseph Angel house. Beautiful example here.

Can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks Shannon. I've only found a few online that are completed. That's a great inspiration house- it's beautiful!

I forgot to mention that she sent me home with 5-6 boxes of stuff. Furniture, lighting kit, Old Nutshell news and miniature magazines, all kinds of goodies. I have my work cut out for me going through all this stuff and working on these houses. . . :yay:

I forgot to mention that Paige has named the Joseph Angel house "housezilla." It dwarfs the San Fran.

I have no idea what I am going to do with this house. It begged and cried to come home with me and now it's perfectly content to sit there in its pretty wood and be quiet. I'm hoping it knows I have other houses to finish so its waiting its turn, but some ideas would be nice! The only thing it has said is that it might like fishscale shingles on the outside and wants to be VERY Victorian. Other than that it's quiet. Hmm. . .

I'm so glad you got them Tiffany, they are both awesome, especially the Joseph Angel House!!!!! That sure was a lucky find, and I hope there are wonderful things in all the extras you got!

Congratulations on your Joseph Angel house! It was originally sold by the Labre company and according to my old book, the price of the kit was over $2,000.00! They are absolutely beautiful houses! Of course yes I am pea green with envy!