Building the Madison

LPCullen

I've gotten pictures up in the gallery of where I am with the Madison as of tonight. I plan to make this into a country shack, sort of set in the mountains, and the house will be up on brick pillars.

It's funny, because before I started it I had been talking to Nutti via email and telling her I wanted to try and build on my own, and she was giving me encouragement. I told her I would start small, and start this one. Funnily enough, right after I started it, my brother brought me the Emerson Row, so I guess I didn't get to start small after all.

Here's the link: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...album&album=154

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Holly! I've got the bottom part of the porch on, but not the posts and the roof. And I've started doing color washes on the wood to age it a bit. I'll take some more pix tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I didn't get as much mini-ing done over the weekend as I wanted to, because the daughter came up and we spent the day shopping for wedding apparel. It was a success though!

Linda, stain another piece of scrapwood and try various aging techniques to see which one you like. I found a wash of very pale gray/ white (very dilute) in several random streaky coats looked pretty good for aging a roof.

wow!

I am inspired!

I think Ill get the Addams down off the shelf and do something with it.\

it already houses swaps from a log cabin swap I was in and looks like a fishin shack on the inside. hmmmmmm how could I fix the stuccoed look of the inside if I plank the outside? would it look weird?

ohhhh the woes of nutti's world of indiscions in decorating!

you are doing a great job!

is this going to be a gift?

nutti :D

Everything looks great. You are doing a great job.  By the way where can I get one of those handy dandy supplorts you used?LOL :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Terri! As a miniaturist yourself, you know we'll use anything we can for our miniatures! One time I emptied out a little house like thing that held paperclips because I needed it to put onto a window frame and then put a paint can over that to hold something down while it dried!

I love going to thrift stores! I can't help it! I find some of the neatest stuff there, and those bottles were one of those things ... they are currently (except for the one that I am using as a "spacer") sitting on the dry sink in the kitchen awaiting my mantle to be put back together so that I can stain it, etc.