saw a dollhouse in a garage it was cool

james dean

So I went to see my bro's new house yesterday and when we were leaving the neighborhood what did I see in one of the opened garages: a dollhouse. It looked like a good sized house. But there it was sitting at the front of their garage. I almost wanted to jump out of the car and ask them if I could have it. I haven't ever seen a house sitting in the garage (not in Houston anyway). The house looked kinda like this:

post-2439-1214494705_thumb.jpg

post-2439-1214494695_thumb.jpg

Geez at first glance I thought Beaumont! Go back! Go back!!!!! And ask........

Yesssssss! Please do go back and see if it needs a new home :unsure:

Hugs

honestly, i wouldn't.

there are a dozen or more reasons why someone could have a dollhouse sitting in her attached garage. maybe someone just dropped it off for the homeowner or is coming by to pick it up later or the owner just brought it out of a dirty basement or she is finding space in the garage for the kids to play with it. for a total stranger to be looking into her property and speculating about acquiring what he sees there could creep her out.

just have your brother watch out for it being taken to the curb. :unsure:

One of my neighbors has a pretty dollhouse sitting in the garage. I kept seeing it because the garage door is up alot and where their house sits you can see into their garage as you are turning the corner. So one day i figured what the heck and I stopped and asked if it was for sale. Unfortunately it wasn't. :unsure: I met some nice neighbors tho!

Definitely have your brother keep his eyes open for you. It looks like you saw a neat dollhouse, and a large one. We would all be excited by that.

Bee, I don't think your reading comprehension is bad. I read it the exact same way you did. And I agree with you. The people who live there are probably nice, but if they're not...who knows what could happen. And I'd be afraid to try a direct approach in a big city like Houston.

However, I would not be above trying an indirect approach maybe later, like fall, when it cools off, off taking "walks" in your brother's neighborhood and seeing if you can't catch them outside, or just when you drive by if they're outside. You never know...you might end up with a cool dollhouse or a great new mini-friend.

Terri

Sorry for the confusion. I know sometimes I type faster than I can think. I was just suprised with seeing a dollhouse in someone's garage more than the possibility of asking the owner's to have it (although getting a free/cheaper dollhouse would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up).
:unsure:

I know that feeling too. It just seems sometimes that we are the only one we know in our area who is into minis. Wait a minute, forget the seems that way, for me, for a long time it was that way. Now I have found someone on this forum in my area. She's moving a couple of hours away, but I know we will still be friends and will meet soon.

Terri

• 3 weeks later...

Oh My..I just love your dh and I had to stop and tell you so. I build them myself and I was wondering if you could tell me what brand it is? I have never seen that style before and I would love to get one..*hint hint*

Oh...you are getting rid of it? Can you help me carry it to my car?

hehehehe