My Brother's wedding

keinanna

The wedding went quite well there were a few issues like the lady who was altering the dress was late which made us late getting ready but it all ended up going well. I went over to my brother's house to help get his wife ready i did her nails and things so that she could look nice since they did not have the money to get her made over for the wedding. She ended up looking really nice.

I am the one standing beside the bride in the large group picture and on the left of her in the picture with three of us. The other picture is Melissa's nails that i did

post-3185-1214184191_thumb.jpg

post-3185-1214184244_thumb.jpg

post-3185-1214184261_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was just looking for another post on here and saw i had missed that question. We found purple glass candle holders and lit candles for a walkway. lanterns may have been a fire hazzard according to the park so we could not use that idea but somehow having them in glass containers was ok so thats what we did.

I dont think they appreciated the help i gave nearly as much as i would have liked they both kind of just expect it same as they expect a big baby shower even though they dont really have friends to invite to one. I told them that they would have a baby welcoming party instead and that way we can make it both men and women and hopefully have more of a chance of having people come since they are not really social people.

yes i am glad i can at least pick my friends and if they turn out to be jerks i can choose not to continue the friendship however family is quite another story. I try to tolerate them as best i can but at times it is hard to not say what i really think. I love my family and they are family so i try to keep a close relationship with them but they tend to take advantage of my kindness which i dont really appreciate. The wedding was especially important to my brother because this is his first time getting married his wife however has already been married and divorced she is 22.

She just kind of expected everyone to do everything for her which would not be so bad if she had ever made any effort to get to know us but as it stands she live in my dads house comes out to get food and often eats alone in the bedroom if she is not having my brother bring the food to her and comes out of course to use the bathroom. I had asked many times for her to come out when i visit so we can play a game or talk just so i can get to know her but she often refuses saying it is too difficult because of her weight to walk from the bedroom to the kitchen or living room to socialize. I dont have a problem with larger people but i think if thats the case maybe the walk would do her some good it sounds like she could stand to lose a few lbs if it is that much of a problem especially now that she is due to have a baby in 2 months.

But despite all this i still try to be nice to her and i am the only one in my family who does try to be nice to her and i wanted to make sure she had a nice wedding day which i think she did.

The candle idea sounds great. Sorry about the rest, though. A lack of appreciation coupled with great expectations is a horrible combination.

Funny, they remind me of a couple my ex and I used to live above. They didn't really have any friends, but we'd talk to them just because it's hard to avoid when they live below you. She drove me crazy and she was a compulsive liar. Once she backed into her parking space and ripped my side mirror off. She brought it up to me saying she found it on the ground and that it must've been a strong wind. Yeah, a strong wind that ripped four bolts off the side of my car.

But that's not the funny part. The funny part is they had the nerve to ask us to be their best man and matron of honor!! I was dumbfounded, and under 99% of circumstances I probably would've said yes because you just don't say no in circumstances like that, right? Fortunately, my 1% of logical brain function could see a year of hell ahead and kindly declined the "honor". Not sure what happened after that, we never got an invitation. :lol:

I hope she picks up her activity level once she has kids. But from the sound of it, she's having kids so that she has someone around who will always love her unconditionally - regardless of her ability to nurture them (which is, sadly, pretty commonplace).

My heart goes out to you. I had a sister-in-law once from hell who lived in our house and had little to do with us too. She was a real witch to my mom and dad, never paid any rent. Took over MY bedroom, and I wound up sleeping in the same room as my older brother. She also complained about my piano playing and as a result my mother finally sold the piano - my piano - to placate her. She and my brother finally split up and she walked out with everything in my room. Bedroom set, etc., as she needed it to set up an apartment. What a witch. No you can't pick your family, and thank goodneed you can pick your friends.

Its really sad when people are like that in both cases. This girl is very much like the girl who never paid rent and in fact my dad has said that is ok but he would like her to help keep up with the chores since she is the only one home all day but she refuses to even do that. He should have told them to get out a long time ago but he like me is too nice.

I would have liked to decline the matron of hounor at the wedding but i knew nobody else would do it. My dads neighbour felt bad for her and offered to walk with her and "give her away" so they held hands and walked down the aisle together the neighbour is a 22 year old girl so it looked a little comical.

The even better part is i was also asked to be her labour coach when she has her baby I am really looking forward to that :lol: It is another of the things i wish i could have saiid no to but dont have the guts cause i know she will need someone there besides my brother and has nobody that will do it.

I just remembered and had to add for laughs when the man performing the ceremony asked if there was any reason that they should not be allowed to marry my dad's best friends wife grabbed him by the ear and the hairs at the back of the neck so that if he tried to say anything he would not be comfortable. While it is not the nicest thing to think about given the way this girl is its kind of funny