This person is selling a Thornhill for only 80 bux!!!

Guest Nathaniel

Hi Nathaniel,

I started reading this thread last evening and it was like reading a fascinating novel. I couldn't wait to get to the end to see if you got the house. Now I see the whole forum is waiting. I was so inspired I looked on our Craigslist here in San Diego and found a Beacon Hill still in a box--"make an offer." I sent the fellow an email, but haven't heard back as yet. So I may be in an adventure of my own making. I'm sending positive vibes your way. :huh::banana:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nathaniel

hahahha I just realized that this is the most VIEWED topic I have ever posted. I have never posted ANYTHING that got 76+ replies! How incredible!!! I LOVE IT!!! And I LOVE the attention!!!

Ive always loved attention... Even in high school when the older boys would punch me and stuff me in the locker, i was SOOOO HAPPY TO GET their attention!! :huh:

-Nathaniel :banana:

I'm sorry, Nathaniel.....if I were somebody selling something, and a potential buyer sent off as many e-mails as you appeared to be sending her, buying/not buying, backing off/ pressing her...

I'd probably stop emailing you too, and working hard to sell it to someone else. I'd probably say "sorry..sold", and block you. But that's just me.

As for your partner situation.....I certainly don't care. And frankly, sort of figured it out early on. Partners -- whatever their sexual orientation -- just need to work out these sorts of things, and the earlier the better, or they can continue to cause problems in the relationship.

Hey Nathaniel........Just wanted you to know that today I am wearing my tee shirt that says "coexist" on it . So unless Ryan is 8'10", purple with pink polkadots it's a non-issue! I too am pulling for you. Oh, and by the by went to 5 antique shops and alas....no minis. annie

Wait, you have over 120 d.house kits? Did you mean to type 12? youd need a warehouse for 120!

Yes, i'm very naughty. 120 plus kits. I'm thinking about selling some of them soon, I doubt i'll get to all of them and due to my recent hospital bill it would be a quicker way of paying off my balance. So....once i can start getting up and about and lifting then i'll go thru my stash. Most of the kits are in my basement stacked up but i do have some stashed in the family room, the spare bedroom closet and my thornhill kit is here in the office. This fall I want to be able to have all my kits in the basement and better organized. I'm sure i'll end up keeping most of them tho...to many fun styles of houses and shops, there are just too many cool ones out there. I also mostly collect vintage kits, so I wouldn't part with them anyway...lol...here i am saying I need to sell some then thinking "no way can I get rid of them"....

Hope you hear back from that lady, it would be a shame to miss out on such a cool house for that price.

Guest Nathaniel
I'm sorry, Nathaniel.....if I were somebody selling something, and a potential buyer sent off as many e-mails as you appeared to be sending her, buying/not buying, backing off/ pressing her...

I'd probably stop emailing you too, and working hard to sell it to someone else. I'd probably say "sorry..sold", and block you. But that's just me.

As for your partner situation.....I certainly don't care. And frankly, sort of figured it out early on. Partners -- whatever their sexual orientation -- just need to work out these sorts of things, and the earlier the better, or they can continue to cause problems in the relationship.

I agree with you, you are probably right. I may have blew my chance at the house from emailing her so much out of excitement. Oh well, I dont care either way, if it happens it happens if it doesnt it doesnt... and Ill find another good deal!

Hey Nathaniel........Just wanted you to know that today I am wearing my tee shirt that says "coexist" on it . So unless Ryan is 8'10", purple with pink polkadots it's a non-issue! I too am pulling for you. Oh, and by the by went to 5 antique shops and alas....no minis. annie

Annie, here is my advice, do a search online of all of the antique shops in your area (within 20 or 30 miles or however far you are willing to go). Then, call each one and ask if they have any d.house miniatures, houses, or furniture. Then circle the ones that said yes they do and go check out what they have. Some of them might tell you "well you will have to come in and see what we have" Also, their inventory is usually always changing, so... check back again later!!! Ive gone to the same 3 antique shops in new bedford, twice within the past month, and each time I have found NEW treasures just by looking all around! When I call these places they said "no, i dont think we have any, or, you have to come in and see, or, we have a few things" So, I went in for myself and checked and was pleasantly surprised at each shop!

Yes, i'm very naughty. 120 plus kits. I'm thinking about selling some of them soon, I doubt i'll get to all of them and due to my recent hospital bill it would be a quicker way of paying off my balance. So....once i can start getting up and about and lifting then i'll go thru my stash. Most of the kits are in my basement stacked up but i do have some stashed in the family room, the spare bedroom closet and my thornhill kit is here in the office. This fall I want to be able to have all my kits in the basement and better organized. I'm sure i'll end up keeping most of them tho...to many fun styles of houses and shops, there are just too many cool ones out there. I also mostly collect vintage kits, so I wouldn't part with them anyway...lol...here i am saying I need to sell some then thinking "no way can I get rid of them"....

Hope you hear back from that lady, it would be a shame to miss out on such a cool house for that price.

OMG!!! 120 plus kits!!! Do you have an inventory of what you have!??? THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!! I thought I was bad with 7 or 8... Im blown away! Do you have some really rare or cool ones???

OMG!!! 120 plus kits!!! Do you have an inventory of what you have!??? THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!! I thought I was bad with 7 or 8... Im blown away! Do you have some really rare or cool ones???

I'd bet they are all really cool ones!

Well I had a partial list here at my desk. I sat down and went thru and got my list together. I know i'm missing a house or 2 on the list but until I can get downstairs and go thru each house....anyway i'll put the list in my blog. It was fun to go thru the list, i forgot i had some of them! I used Newt's dollhouse blog to help me remember what I had.

Okay, my hubby just made a scary comment. I've been keeping him informed of this ongoing saga (since he knows I also inquired about this house several weeks ago). He said, "She reduced it to $40 and is moving today? Let's hope she didn't just decide to toss it." I know, perish the thought. (And this from the man I've been bragging about because he's so supportive. Oh well, he's a little under the weather today, so I guess I'll forgive him for this insensitive remark.)

Oh Gawd Jerri...Hubby should be slapped for saying such a sacrilege.

Everybody has some kinda something in their lives that some will like and some will not like. I myself live a life that many may not like Nathaniel. My Dh is black and you have seen me. LOL

It`s all gooooood! Love ya all no matter what the situation.

We can all be your mini hags Nathaniel :D

The suspense is killing me, I wish she would email you Nathaniel!!!!

Gosh, this reminds me of the time we were waiting for the Pomeroy house to arrive so we could see what it looked like!

The suspense is killing me, I wish she would email you Nathaniel!!!!

Gosh, this reminds me of the time we were waiting for the Pomeroy house to arrive so we could see what it looked like!

ROFL! You and me both.

Speaking of..I think I am getting the itch to work on it.

Is it a done deal Nate?! I couldn't sleep all night just thinking about this wonderful deal! Still got my fingers and legs crossed....wish she would call soon, it's getting hard to walk!

Guest Nathaniel

I cant believe this is the 94th response to this thread. But, still no email... Maybe its not meant to be... or... maybe she will email me back once she gets all moved in and settled this week...

Fingers are still crossed (and are purple from the lack of circulation).. :D

This is the first thread I go to also.. lol

You can imagine my excitement over this whole ordeal! But I wont be too let down if it doesnt happen, cus i never really thought it would anways....

we shall see though!!!

:yinyang:

Guest Nathaniel

Finally, a conclusion to this whole soap opera of an ordeal!!!

Read this email from the woman with the Thornhill....She finally got back to me...

"Hi there. My neighbor took it for free because it really needed to be moved and their kids were begging me for it. Its unfortunate but it turns out I also had no way of getting it to you, sorry."

Oh well, that ends that chapter, now I will just have to keep my eyes out for the next great deal. I refuse to spend big bucks on a d.house when you can find people giving them away for free or giving them away for 40 bux like this one.

Im sure I will find something even better if I keep my eyes peeled!

Thank you everyone for sharing in the excitement of this!

-Nathaniel :)

I'm sorry you lost this.... But as you say, there'll be others available, if you just keep watch. NEXT time, though, decide and jump on it right away; don't let it drag out, and get in this position again.

Guest Nathaniel
I'm sorry you lost this.... But as you say, there'll be others available, if you just keep watch. NEXT time, though, decide and jump on it right away; don't let it drag out, and get in this position again.

YES! Exactly my thoughts!! Lesson learned.... :)

Thanks,

Nathaniel

Nathaniel,

It's too bad you couldn't have the Thornhill. I just love that house, it has good sized rooms, and most importantly, that house can be made into whatever you want it's style to be. I like to say -- "it's got great bones!" :)

I have no more room either for new houses (I guess I could throw all the cars out of the garage ... hmmm... just kidding my family).

I made mine into a Spanish Revival-Art Deco and every once in a while I consider that if I bought another, I could turn it sideways (front of house being the narrow side) and turn it into a New York brownstone (yea gad ... what am I saying!)

Thanks a bunch to all you wonderful friends who liked my Thornhill. It is so nice to be on this forum.

:D

Oh Shoot! :) Sorry Nathaniel.

I look at it this way. Maybe instead of going to someone who already loves dollhouses, it was meant to go to some new budding miniaturists in the making. Let's all hope that those neighbor kids love the heck out of that great house, and someday maybe they will join us here on the forum :) (asking of course, how to rehab this big beautiful house that their mom got for free from a neighbor who moved "way back" in 2008 -- hee hee)! :D

Jerri

Dang I almost had the big one thinking you had finally gotten the house......but hang in there Nathaniel - something good will come your way! Next time, jump first, repent later! LOL