This person is selling a Thornhill for only 80 bux!!!

Guest Nathaniel

what you need to do is get a storage shed mine is about 10x 30 and my dad and me and my brothers insulated it and I payed to have electric put in it and all my toys are out here as well as phone and tv and

my computer....

all I need now is a bathroom and I wouldn't have to go inside LMAO!

And it is a rent to own building! You might think about that opition!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nathaniel...I'm confused as to why you need to ask your fam's permission....

Isn't it your house?

If so, then unless by family you meant a "wife" I don't get it.

I was wondering that myself, he gave the impression that it was *his* house. Why need permission if it is?

hey nate! :)

congrats on your new addition! I might be jumping the gun here but I cant wait to see pictures! lol.

P.S. have fun resisting the urge to spend all your profits from selling your houses on NEW furniture for your thornhill!! lol. just kidding...

happy u won! :wave:

Guest Nathaniel
Nathaniel... Ask 4minislove (Heather)... she just sold her spring fling blacksmith's shop on ebay. Maybe she can give you some pointers....

Linkie

Ya, il have to ask her sometime how she goes about shipping houses...

Woohoo, Nathaniel! Way to go!!! Did she email back yet???

OK, now, Ummm. . . I'm rolling my sleeves up now. So. . .whacha got for sale????? :banana:

No, she has not emailed back yet, and ive sent her 2 emails telling her that I DEFINITELY want the house... Oh well, if she doesnt email back than I guess it just wasnt meant to be...

Nathaniel...I'm confused as to why you need to ask your fam's permission....

Isn't it your house?

If so, then unless by family you meant a "wife" I don't get it.

Yes it is my house and my partners'. I didnt have to ask him for approval, but I didnt want to get another one unless he was cool with it. I really can get out of control with my hobbies. He was upset with me the last time I brought home 2 houses in one day. Im the type of person who likes to do things to excess. My collections, whatever I am collecting at the time, have always been obscenely huge. I totally go overboard! Ryan, my partner, is worried that my d.house hobby is getting out of control. Honestly, I think he is right. But, i thought I would see what he thought about me bringing an 8th or 9th d.house into OUR basement before I just went ahead and did it this time. I mean, it is MY hobby, but it is OUR house. I was saying family cus I didnt want to say "partner" and have to explain myself but what the hell - why not! The Greenleaf forum seems like a pretty diverse bunch of people. Anyways, this is the first time I have really ever consulted him on the decision. I wanted him to be on the same page with me so there wasnt a fight about it.

Do you know anyone that is close to you that would like to have it??

Don't you live close to Hediiiii and VioletDawn??

Heidi cant and I dont know about Dawn. I hope I get the house, i hope she emails me back, but if she doesnt, oh well, it wasnt meant to be. i wont cry over it... too much... lol jk

what you need to do is get a storage shed mine is about 10x 30 and my dad and me and my brothers insulated it and I payed to have electric put in it and all my toys are out here as well as phone and tv and

my computer....

all I need now is a bathroom and I wouldn't have to go inside LMAO!

And it is a rent to own building! You might think about that opition!

Ya, we have a storage shed out back, its small though. I dont need anymore room or anything though. I have plenty of room in our basement. I just dont want to really use anymore than the 1/3rds that I am already using. lol

I was wondering that myself, he gave the impression that it was *his* house. Why need permission if it is?

Yep, it is my house, but I didnt ask for permission, I asked my partner for his opinion, as it is OUR basement that it will be going in...

hey nate! :)

congrats on your new addition! I might be jumping the gun here but I cant wait to see pictures! lol.

P.S. have fun resisting the urge to spend all your profits from selling your houses on NEW furniture for your thornhill!! lol. just kidding...

happy u won! :wave:

Oh, god, I hope that I will be posting pics soon of it. I know, I need to resist the urge to spend on it. I do plan on selling some houses when I am ready to. But I wont sell my favorite houses ever!

I already have some plans in mind for it though. I would like to fashion my own windows for it. I want to try to avoid purchasing the finishing kit that you can get for it. I want to try to make it beautiful on my own... I think Id like to stucco the house maybe? I dont know yet...

What an amazing house it is though, i hope the lady emails me back and i get it for real. after all this talk about it, lol, i really hope it happens!

fingers crossed*

-Nathaniel :banana:

Nathaniel,

Any partner (wife, husband, gf, bf, whatever) should respect a person`s need to shop! Especially a great deal. If not, you can complain to all of us...we have all been there. Artful hiding, knowing when the UPS truck does deliveries on your street, acting dumb..*oh honey..that isnt new..I have had that forever!*

I would get it but I have no room for it in my RL house and it wouldnt fit in my car, and MY family might send me away. LOL

He should see the potential in it. It is an expensive house and you are getting it for a song. It would be like getting a Jaguar for $1000.

Guest Nathaniel
Nathaniel,

Any partner (wife, husband, gf, bf, whatever) should respect a person`s need to shop! Especially a great deal. If not, you can complain to all of us...we have all been there. Artful hiding, knowing when the UPS truck does deliveries on your street, acting dumb..*oh honey..that isnt new..I have had that forever!*

I would get it but I have no room for it in my RL house and it wouldnt fit in my car, and MY family might send me away. LOL

He should see the potential in it. It is an expensive house and you are getting it for a song. It would be like getting a Jaguar for $1000.

Hahha, you know whats funny Heidi, is thats almost the exact analogy I used. Ryan drives a Mercedes so I said to him, this would be like you getting your Mercedes for 1000 bux. He also likes to trade up his car every 6 months about so that is his hobby that he goes out of control with, and this is my hobby that I go over the top with. Oh well, we are equal now. He is just looking out for my spending habits too. I have spent WAY TOO MUCH lately on this hobby and I really should not be spending a SINGLE penny more. (but I got some neat stuff today at 3 local Antique shops, heheheh)

Ya I do all of that too, when he is on travel for work I go CRAZY ordering stuff online so it will be delivered while he is gone, I dont hide stuff when I buy it really, but I have so much that I just put it down with the rest of it and act like Ive always had it. He never knows the difference. Hes not into the hobby at all unfortunately so he doesnt get the obsession with it. Oh well...

He does respect my love for shopping, but doesnt want to see me jump off a bridge from all of the credit card debt i could rack up if I had no self control what soever. I dont have much self control, so thankfully he helps keep me in check sometimes.

Well... I hope the lady emails me back.. I will let you all know when she does.

By the way, im posting a topic in a second with a bunch of pics of some treasures i got today! YAY!

-Nathaniel :wave:

Spouses, partners, SOs, whatever you want to call them, ought to have their own hobbies so they b3etter understand where we're all coming from. If you were spending the rent or grocery money, I could understand his freaking out, but it's your $40 and your half of the basement, no?

Your idea to flip and sell sounds like the product of a rational moment, may you have mini more of them! Here's a {BIG HUG} for finding a peaceful soluion. I wonder if, while you were waffling over there, fighting for it, the lady went and sold it for the $80?

I hope so much that you get it Nathaniel.

I think building houses for sale is a great way to fund your hobby. That's why I sell my stuff. I love building it, but don't have room in my house for everything, or the money to buy it with. I think I like building even more than keeping! (I do have a few special things that I would never sell, though).

If you start selling a lot of your houses, I bet Ryan will be really proud of your talent, and even get more interested in your hobby! Some people only understand the value of another's talent when they see that others are willing to pay for your stuff.

It would be so cool if your really got a business that you love, and can make real money at it, then you will be able to buy even more minis!

got everything possible crossed here :)

and am sending telepathic messages to the 'thornhill for $40 delivered 'lady :wave:

As for your 'family' situation...gawd man its commonplace now, as long as your both happy who cares.....shout it out to the world :banana:

AHHHHH! The non-mini people in our lives should just all be hypnotized, and made to love our passion as we do! Wouldn't that make it so much easier than all those excuses we need to dream for why we absolutely NEED another house? lol

This thread has been better than soap opera! I REALLY hope that the lady calls you back and you can get the house Nathaniel. Ive been on pins and needles to see if you finally get it or not since the thread started....lol Way too much suspense.

As for the partner, there are other members here with partners and we are all in minis together. Miniature lovers are very diverse so no worries here. Besides a partner, wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, fur kid, is all family! :banana:

Guest Nathaniel
got everything possible crossed here :huh:

and am sending telepathic messages to the 'thornhill for $40 delivered 'lady :banana:

As for your 'family' situation...gawd man its commonplace now, as long as your both happy who cares.....shout it out to the world :D

Thanks! Usually that is the way I am. I am usually pretty darn open about it. I hadnt found a good time to shout it to the world on here yet, until now... lol

Accept me or dont accept me, Im happy!

I have two significant others in my life, Ryan, and my miniature houses - (so actually Ive got like 8 significant others, but whos counting... lmao heheheh)

Ohh. . . . I missed it. :(

What did you miss Corwin? Anything good? Did I miss it?

AHHHHH! The non-mini people in our lives should just all be hypnotized, and made to love our passion as we do! Wouldn't that make it so much easier than all those excuses we need to dream for why we absolutely NEED another house? lol

I am always going to NEED to rescue another house. Thats why I really need to start flipping and selling them, that way, the hobby NEVER has to end!!!

I hope the lady calls you back and you can get it! Good luck! :doh:

Me too, she still hasnt...

Tapping my foot waiting to hear something!!!

Me too...

This thread has been better than soap opera! I REALLY hope that the lady calls you back and you can get the house Nathaniel. Ive been on pins and needles to see if you finally get it or not since the thread started....lol Way too much suspense.

As for the partner, there are other members here with partners and we are all in minis together. Miniature lovers are very diverse so no worries here. Besides a partner, wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, fur kid, is all family! :)

Well? What is she waiting for?

This thread has been better than a soap opera. On next weeks episode I am going to die and then come back as my evil twin and kill the person who killed me and then sleep with his or her significant other and then go to jail and then die again.... (typical soap opera plot)

But, i know, the suspense has been KILLING ME!!! Ive been checking my email 10 times a minute!! How bout now? check it again.. now? nope.... HOw bout now... hmm..

Yes, I have found others on this form with partners so that is great! Im not the only one!

I wish I could have some fur kids... but im allergical ( i made up that word) We were looking into getting a Siberian kitten though. They are supposed to be hypoallergenic... They are like 1100 dollars per kitten though. YIKES!! Thats ALOT of doll houses!!! heheheh

-Nathaniel B)

p.s. I will be sure to keep you all updated... nothing yet....

Guest Nathaniel

By the way, i do also have a hunch that she sold it to someone else for 80 bux. But, she did say that she was busy moving this weekend, but, on Sunday she said she might have some time.....

we shall see....

I'll add my $0.02. Nathaniel, I totally understand your being conservative about revealing your domestic situation on this forum, but like so many others have said, this is a diverse community with lots of people from lots of backgrounds who have one thing in common -- our love for minis. Doesn't really matter to me (and I'm guessing to most others) if someone doesn't live the same lifestyle that I do, as long as they share their knowledge about and love for minis. That's why we're all here, right?

As for the having to sneak in with the new finds, I am SOOOOO lucky to have such a supportive spouse. Any of you want to have him speak to your significant others, just let me know. He's the greatest!

Nat, keep us posted, we're dying to know how this all turns out!

Guest Nathaniel
I'll add my $0.02. Nathaniel, I totally understand your being conservative about revealing your domestic situation on this forum, but like so many others have said, this is a diverse community with lots of people from lots of backgrounds who have one thing in common -- our love for minis. Doesn't really matter to me (and I'm guessing to most others) if someone doesn't live the same lifestyle that I do, as long as they share their knowledge about and love for minis. That's why we're all here, right?

As for the having to sneak in with the new finds, I am SOOOOO lucky to have such a supportive spouse. Any of you want to have him speak to your significant others, just let me know. He's the greatest!

Nat, keep us posted, we're dying to know how this all turns out!

Thanks Jerri! Its nice to see so many supportive people on here!

I can usually get Ryan to cave. Hes not always super supportive, but with some work he can be... lol

I just checked my email again... nothing yet...

Nathaniel-

I'm glad you felt comfortable sharing your lifestyle with us. I think we all are "equal opportunity dollhouse builders!" :banana: I've never met a more supportive group. We embrace our community and all dollhouses. Pretty cool, isn't it!

I hope you didn't feel pressured to reveil your domestic situation. It's just that you had mentioned many times that the house was yours, as in all yours. Then you mentioned family pressures to stop buying houses. That was a bit confusing, like i couldn't tell if you were living with your parents, but saying that the house was yours. Deception is not cool, but you've cleared the air on that one, and now we know where you are coming from. At any rate, glad you feel comfortable enough to tell us about your domestic situation. It's not our business of course, but since you did mention it just know it doesn't matter to me what your situation is. We have a great community here with varied domestic backgrounds. (i'm divorced but live in sin with my boyfriend :banana: ). It's cool to have so many different people on this forum who bring different creative perspectives to this wonderful, creative hobby. Now if we can get your partner to be really really supportive of your hobby!

I'm lucky, not only does Andrew *not* say anything negative about my obessesion with the hobby, he enables me....lol...I have over 120 dollhouse kits and misc minis to prove it. In fact i have taken over the family room as my workroom, the kitchen table, and one of the spare bedrooms....lol..between the family room and kitchen I have 9 houses in various states of completion. Plus more in progress dollhouses in the basement. it's quite the construction zone. I hope that by the end of the summer I will have it better organized and by this fall i want to make my spare bedroom into a display room. It's the only cat free zone in the house.

Guest Nathaniel
I hope you didn't feel pressured to reveil your domestic situation. It's just that you had mentioned many times that the house was yours, as in all yours. Then you mentioned family pressures to stop buying houses. That was a bit confusing, like i couldn't tell if you were living with your parents, but saying that the house was yours. Deception is not cool, but you've cleared the air on that one, and now we know where you are coming from. At any rate, glad you feel comfortable enough to tell us about your domestic situation. It's not our business of course, but since you did mention it just know it doesn't matter to me what your situation is. We have a great community here with varied domestic backgrounds. (i'm divorced but live in sin with my boyfriend :huh: ). It's cool to have so many different people on this forum who bring different creative perspectives to this wonderful, creative hobby. Now if we can get your partner to be really really supportive of your hobby!

I'm lucky, not only does Andrew *not* say anything negative about my obessesion with the hobby, he enables me....lol...I have over 120 dollhouse kits and misc minis to prove it. In fact i have taken over the family room as my workroom, the kitchen table, and one of the spare bedrooms....lol..between the family room and kitchen I have 9 houses in various states of completion. Plus more in progress dollhouses in the basement. it's quite the construction zone. I hope that by the end of the summer I will have it better organized and by this fall i want to make my spare bedroom into a display room. It's the only cat free zone in the house.

Wait, you have over 120 d.house kits? Did you mean to type 12? youd need a warehouse for 120!

I did feel a little pressure to explain myself, but I could have just as easily ignored the comments. But, I figured, what the heck, I do like to be open so I thouhg I would just explain and clarify the situation...

Ya, I think once I start making some money from this hobby, Ryan will be more supportive, no doubt in my mind!

Wow, sounds like youve taken over the whole house with ur hobby! Your bf is GREAT!!! I will never use more than 1/3rd or maybe 1/2 of the basement, cus that is plenty of room to fit even 15-20 houses if I had that many...

Still nothing from this lady. Ive emailed her 3 times now. I need to stop, cus shes probly busy moving. Hopefully she responds tomorrow though cus the suspense is killing me!!!

-Nathaniel :banana: