This person is selling a Thornhill for only 80 bux!!!

Guest Nathaniel

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this on Craigslist a good month or so ago; I think it was about $200 then. Interesting that she's come down that far, and even went so far as $40 and free delivery for Nathaniel. I'm in the same boat; would love to have a Thornhill but don't quite have the room. And although hubby has an Explorer, I'm not sure this BBH (big beautiful house -- is that a pre-existing acronym, or did I make up something new?) would fit in that.

Maybe Heidi, Dawn, Nathaniel, and I could start a "Thornhill rescue" club. :)

Guest Nathaniel

No, she is still willing to give it to me for 40 bux if I want it... I think... But, it looks like she might be making an attempt to get 80 for it from another buyer who is more "sure" about the purchase. I talked it over with my family tonight and at first it seemed hopeful, but then it turned into a little bit of an argument, and then it turned into me promising that I wouldnt get anymroe houses (STUPIDEST thing IVE EVER DONE!!!) -but i had my fingers crossed the whole time i SWEAR!

Ya, i also have seen her drop the price of this house SEVERAL times. She just really really needs to get rid of it as she is moving in to a small apartment from her house I guess. If I can change my family's mind than I think she would be dropping it off at my house for me on Sunday afternoon. But, the chances are not good, my family is unreasonable on the idea...

I was very smart about it too. I approached the Thornhill Issue like this. I found the ad for it in the last HBS catalog which lists the KIT price at an astonishing 1000 dollars!!! YIKES! and I said "a woman offered to DELIVER this half finished house to me for free for only 40 bux! WHAT A DEAL IT WOULD BE!!! What do you think?" Like I said, it seemed hopeful at first, but then S*&T hit the fan when I kept mentioning it. Maybe I shoulda just kept my mouth shut for the rest of the night, but, I just couldnt stop thinking about it...and talking about it...

I was thinking just now of using the excuse that I am holding it for a friend.... Or that I am going to sell it for profit, but, I dont think i would wanna let go of this house as it is so cool and does have so much potential.

im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo TORN....

I would cause a WAR if I get the house, and its killing me not to get it, but i really shouldnt and can't. I wish someone else here on the forum could get it though so that it is at least "in the family"....

If I was single and didnt have my family to answer to, i would get it in a second, however, if I was single, Id probably have 50 doll houses and live alone with 13 cats.... (even though Im allergic to them...) lol By the way, no offense to anyone on the forum who lives alone and has 50 doll houses and 13 cats, im sure there are some out there.... I admit though that if I was single, that would SURELY be me!! :)

SOMEONE PLEASE RESCUE THIS HOUSE!!!

-Nathaniel :)

OMG you guys are killing me!!!!!!!

Nathaniel...I have no idea of your family dynamics, but me thinks you need new family :)

I could likely get that monster SHIPPED to me up here at the North Pole for less than half its list price at HBS!!! 40 bucks for a $1000 house and there is no takers???!!!???

You all need to be in an assylum.......Oh Deannnnnn,,........new support system needed........the "Greenleaf Assylum"...it sounds soothing.........doesn't it? At the very least a virtual assylum MUST be created...Dragonfly..........whooohooo.... :)

Holly, get your whites and your meanest Nurse Ratched expression, and go *help* Nathaniel.LOL Dont let it get to you Nathaniel. Something better will come along some day.

Oh well, c`est la vive. I have no room for it anyhow. Where would I put it? I live in a small Colonial house as it is. Now I know why I have always wanted to live in a big Victorian house. Plenty of room for dollhouses!

This must be so hard on you, Nathaniel, but forgive me guys peace in the household is more important than a house.I know the house is gorgeous but what is more important is the space.Besides your Piercefield is calling to you-"Psst Nathaniel finish me!!".HAHA

Guest Nathaniel

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I think I may have talked my family into letting me get this house!!! :wave: But, I have to promise that I will fix up and sell some of my other houses for profit. I can agree to that. I will just keep on buying houses, flipping them, and selling them for profit, I will make sure to never spend more on a house than I think I can get back for it, and I would only keep my favorite houses, and I would take lots of pics of all the houses that I have done, for memories...

What do yall think?

Here I am, almost 24 years old, and I have finally decided that id like to start buying and selling houses, instead of just collecting them and collecting them until I have dozens of them...

I think I can part with a few of my houses, as long as I keep getting more and selling more for profit....

-Nathaniel

Guest Nathaniel

Ok, I just emailed the woman to tell her I want to buy it, and I asked her when she could deliver it, and told her when I would be home. IM SO EXCITED! I talked my family into it!!! Now I just need to FLIP a house or two and then sell it. i will only keep my favorite houses...

YAY!

:wave:

Dang it Nate, just go and get it and leave it in your car. When it is dark and your family is asleep, take it into the basement! What are you waiting for?! I'll help withg the hammer! Bang, bank, wake up Nate! Deal of a lifetime here! Bang, bang, here take these bandaids, now go and get the darned house!

Guest Nathaniel

I think I would sell my houses on Craigslist, but ebay would allow more people to bid on them, so I would think they would sell for more on EBay, but I have to figure out how you ship one of these. How have any of you guys shipped a d.house before? Id like to try selling a house on Ebay someday, its just the shipping that scares me.

I hope I get the house now too, after all I went through to get it.

But... the woman is not emailing me back for some reason....

Got all my fingers and toes crossed for you Nate. Hope you had your fingers crossed behind your back when you told your family you would not get any more dollhouses! LOL I could not make a promise like that.

Guest Nathaniel
Got all my fingers and toes crossed for you Nate. Hope you had your fingers crossed behind your back when you told your family you would not get any more dollhouses! LOL I could not make a promise like that.

Ya, i have everything crossed too, even my eyes.... The lady is taking FOREVER To get back to me...

I know, it was a pretty stupid thing to say -but my fingers were crossed - and, as of today's discussion, my plan is to keep on buying and selling as many as I want but never have more than 8 or 9 cus that is all that will fit in my area of the basement really. I would love to actually make some money on this hobby. i would sell the houses for whatever I thought I could get for them... i wouldnt be trying to make a killing, but rather find a nice home for a d.house for a person that would really treasure them as I do.

:wave:

*fingers are crossed, legs, eyes, etcP

Please email me back Thornhill for 40 bux delivered lady....

Guest Nathaniel
I see a lot of houses for sale pick up only. Check with ups about what it would cost for them to pack and ship and what insurance would be. I would like to sell one on e-bay too.

Ya, I was thinking of checking with UPS...

Your list is hilarious, Lisa!

Ya, Lisa's list was REALLY REALLY FUNNY! I laughed even the 2nd or 3rd time I read it... lol

Nathaniel...I'm confused as to why you need to ask your fam's permission....

Isn't it your house?

If so, then unless by family you meant a "wife" I don't get it.