This person is selling a Thornhill for only 80 bux!!!

Guest Nathaniel

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my!!

If anyone could get this, I'd say GET IT!!

My parents are building the Thornhill now and it's a really nice house. They paid a little over a grand for theirs with the finishing kit, so $80 is the deal of the century!

That is a GREAT deal for sure! Did you all see what Judith (Judithfa) did with hers :lol: It's Gorgeous :blink: . That is a GREAT deal!

Im not crazy about the thornhill but i sure do love the way she did hers up!

Guest Nathaniel
Nathaniel, if your able to make room in your house, Im going to have to hire you to make room in my house. :p

Hhahah, i just have the whole basement for my houses, and its a full basement, but I cant use the whole thing, cus its also used for utilities, storage, and laundy, so i can only use maybe half. Im using probably 1/3rd right now. I dont knwo how to magically make room though, I just put them on bins, tables, shelves, tv stands, etc.

Oh my!!

If anyone could get this, I'd say GET IT!!

My parents are building the Thornhill now and it's a really nice house. They paid a little over a grand for theirs with the finishing kit, so $80 is the deal of the century!

Actually, I just got her to drop the price to 40 bux! However, it doesnt come with any interior doors or windows, just a bag of shingles and a front door. Also, I cant fit it in my Mustang. So, even tho its a super cheap deal, it would cost me a FORTUNE to finish this 14 room Behemoth, and I already have a 22 room Victorian mansion to finish (Piercefield)

That is a GREAT deal for sure! Did you all see what Judith (Judithfa) did with hers :) It's Gorgeous :) . That is a GREAT deal!

I think I did see Judith's and it was amazing. does anyone have the link to that gallery? It still is a good deal without windows and dooors and stuff..

Im not crazy about the thornhill but i sure do love the way she did hers up!

I was never crazy about the Thornhill either but WOW, a 14 room house for 40 bux. And I kinda like it cus it kinda looks like my real house, how the front juts out and the number of windows and stuff, except I dont think my real house is quite this big... lol

Wow. I would try to keep it if it were mine. It's too bad they have to sell it. You should get it Nathaniel. Skip groceries this week. Eat at someone else's house every day. Or charge for a tour of your houses one weekend.

I think if I didnt already have 7 or 8 houses, and didnt already spend a small fortune on houses, I would get this house, but geezum this house would cost a small fortune to finish itself without coming with any windows or doors or NOTHING!!!

Thats funny though, because I probably would skip groceries and do whatever I had to for the house. The 40 bux is nothing though, its just the finishing that would cost, in my estimate, hundreds if not thousands of dollars to make it really beautiful!

In terms of it not fitting in my Mustang, I JUST got an email from the woman saying if i wanted it for 40 bux she would deliver it to my house with her truck!!! I still dont think I should get it tho.. tooo much money to finish it!!!

oh well, is anyone else near North Providence, Rhode Island?

Id love to see SOMEONE adopt this lovely house!

-Nathaniel :)

In terms of it not fitting in my Mustang, I JUST got an email from the woman saying if i wanted it for 40 bux she would deliver it to my house with her truck!!! I still dont think I should get it tho.. tooo much money to finish it!!!

oh well, is anyone else near North Providence, Rhode Island?

Id love to see SOMEONE adopt this lovely house!

-Nathaniel :)

I just about spit my coffee out when I saw that! The lady is offering to bring it to you for $40. That poor house is begging to come live with you! I'd take it in a hearbeat. Sigh. Maybe, Nathaniel, you should take it and just give it a good home and sell it later if you decide it is too expensive to finish. On the other hand, if it doesn't speak to you, then it just doesn't. I've been holding out and not buying new kits right now because I want to do a BIG Queen Anne, either RGT Queen Anne or (my dream house) Earth and Tree's Glencliffe. Hopefully someone over there will give the poor thing a place of its own.

Guest Nathaniel

I know I know... Its killing me to not get it... I just know that I shouldnt, cus then I wouldnt be able to afford to finish it, EVER, and I would probably just end up selling it myself. It would be good to buy it and then sell it for profit, but the person would have to have a truck to come pick it up, cus it sure isnt fitting in my car!!! Ya know what too, Im really bad, I dont ever want to sell any of my houses. I just cant let go of them. Im too attached! No amount of money could buy some of them cus there too special to me!

I WOULD love this house. It is calling to me because its so huge, it reminds me of my house, it has 14 rooms, TONS of windows. I mean, can you just imagine the potential that a HUGE house like this could have??? Its amazing. Ill have to do a search too of people's galleries to see what they have done with their Thornhills...

I know I shouldnt, but I always want to rescue houses when I see them neglected like this one... lol...

Turns out the woman sells hand made furniture and miniatures as well, retro style (from the 50s) I asked her to send me some pics of what she sells and maybe I could come buy some neat things off of her. I just cant afford to finish another house, and especially one as huge as that one! She said she is just getting rid of it cus she is moving and doesnt have the room... And she never planned on finishing it for some reason...

I know I know... Its killing me to not get it... I just know that I shouldnt, cus then I wouldnt be able to afford to finish it, EVER

I WOULD love this house. It is calling to me because its so huge, it reminds me of my house, it has 14 rooms, TONS of windows. I mean, can you just imagine the potential that a HUGE house like this could have???

Seems to me that this house is not just calling to you - it's screaming your name!!!

So what if you can't afford to finish it right now - you have a basement that you still have room in and something tells me that this sweetie of a house would be quite content to sit in your basement daydreaming with you about how you'll eventually finish her. You can't afford to finish this house right now - but who knows about two years from now?

Go on, rescue the poor thing - reduced price and a free delivery to your house - this house is supposed to be yours!

Guest Nathaniel
Seems to me that this house is not just calling to you - it's screaming your name!!!

So what if you can't afford to finish it right now - you have a basement that you still have room in and something tells me that this sweetie of a house would be quite content to sit in your basement daydreaming with you about how you'll eventually finish her. You can't afford to finish this house right now - but who knows about two years from now?

Go on, rescue the poor thing - reduced price and a free delivery to your house - this house is supposed to be yours!

I know I know! Thats what I am thinking. I just emailed her to ask her when she could deliver it if I decided I was interested. I am really considering it now. But, there is one more huge thing holding me back. My family will be really mad at me if I get another house because it means more money spent, more room taken up in the basement, etc etc. Its not worth it to me to have a fight with my family over it... I just dont need it THAT bad I guess...

-Nathaniel...

She dropped the price to $40???

AND

She'll deliver it to you??

You are INSANE if you don't take advantage of this deal....

Even though you'd have to buy the finishing kit, you could still wait and get it when HBS has it's 50% off sale. It's not like you have to finish it right away...take your time and do it as you can afford to.

In person, it is a really big house, but you could find a nice little spot to store it in...for 40 bucks!!

:)

Give your head a shake young man....here let me use a hammer on you!!!!

Get the gosh darned house.....if you decide you do not/can not finish it , flip it and use the much greater proceeds to finance another project!!!

I have a hammer assortment...what do you wan't...26 oz, 14 oz, claw, sledge, mallett.........

Oh and a families love is unconditional....if they stop loving you because of your houses, you need a new family! Several of us will take you in I am sure :)

US$40 for a Thornhill and the opportunity to learn & develop the skills to finish it, at a price that'd let you bash the bejeezis out of it? AND the seller has not only dropped an already obsenely low price even lower, but offered to deliver it? AND you still have unused basement room? You ought to commit yourself to your state's mental institution if you pass this up!

Guest Nathaniel

The last time I brought home two houses I got in a HUGE fight about it with my family. THat was just a few weeks ago. If I bring home ANOTHER house, especially this size, S#*T will REALLY hit the fan! I may be OUT THE DOOR!!! I would love a house like this, I just dont think it is worth the fight it will cause with my family. Maybe I will try talking to them about it. Usually I dont talk to them about it cus I dont want them to talk me out of it... But, maybe I should talk to them and see if they approve. I mean, Can YOU IMAGINE the profit I could make on this house if I flipped it? I could imaging selling it for HUNDREDS if not MORE, and only investing time and a little money over time.

-Nathaniel :).... so confused...

I mean, Can YOU IMAGINE the profit I could make on this house if I flipped it? I could imaging selling it for HUNDREDS if not MORE, and only investing time and a little money over time.

-Nathaniel :) .... so confused...

Yes, go about it that way. It's a flip and you'll share the profits with them. That's it. We're all dying here for you to take in that poor little thing. :)

Nathaniel,

You're right, it's not worth having a fight over with your family & we certainly don't want to see you out the door! But there's gotta be a way to make this happen....

Maybe print out a picture of the completed house from miniatures.com along with the retail price. Then point out to them that you can have this same house for $40 & free delivery. Promise them that you won't spend any money on it at all for at least a year or two - unless you decide to turn around & sell it. Make room under one of your current work tables to store it - so it won't take up any additional room. If your family knows your passion for miniatures and they understand that it won't take any money beyond the $40 to acquire it and that it won't take up any more room than your houses currently do - then I would think that there would be nothing left to have a fight about & you could get the house.

My fingers are crossed for you!!! I just can't imagine passing up a $40 Thornhill. Even if I had to let it sit under a table unworked on for 10 years till I could afford to work on it, I wouldn't hesitate to get it.

Lisa

P.S. if reasoning with your family doesn't work, feel free to use any of the following explanations to get it into the house (they've all worked for me at one time or another)

1. It followed me home.

2. I'm just storing it for a friend whose family would get really mad if she got another house right now.

3. It was given to me (not technically a lie - you give her $40 - she gives you the house).

4. "What, this old thing??? I've had this for awhile now!" (only works if they don't see you bring it into the house. And technically it's not lying either. An hour ago was "awhile ago")

5. The price was too good to pass up - of course I don't plan to spend any money on it right now - I'm saving this for my retirement project (20+ years from now in my case)

And last but not least (haven't used this one yet - but it's next on my list):

6. There are 2,826 registered members on the Greenleaf forum - and they all told me that I had to get it!

The last time I brought home two houses I got in a HUGE fight about it with my family. THat was just a few weeks ago. If I bring home ANOTHER house, especially this size, S#*T will REALLY hit the fan! I may be OUT THE DOOR!!! I would love a house like this, I just dont think it is worth the fight it will cause with my family.

That is an incredible price for the house. It has so much potential it would be a shame to let it go1!!!!!!!

About 1 1/2 years ago my previous supervisor told me she would sell me her's (mostly complete on the outside but only primed on the inside), she said she would sell me all the components as well. So after getting put off on $ issues and lack of communication, I decided to get a shell kit from HBS's 50% sale. so i did (its still in the box). That was about 200 some odd dollars. last summer my previous supervisor contacted me again and said she was ready to sell hers. So in the end i got the built one for 200 dollars even. She "couldn't find" the components but i got all of the windows with it. I may have to replace a couple tho. It needs work and i'm going to replace all the shingles. but even tho i paid 200 for each i felt that they were both good deals. 40 bucks is a smokin' deal and a real loss to let get away. They can be plain on the outside but have incredible potential inside and out. One of mine will be a Georgian mansion, the other a spanish style house (like Judiths..i love hers). I don't like art deco but i love the look of the spanish style on the outside. so i'll do the inside with a spanish flavor. Anyway, if there is any chance at all for you to get this house, i would jump on it. It's a HUGE house.

Okay, It is not listed anymore on Craigslist...I live on the border of RI..Providence is about an hour away. But it wouldnt fit in my car either.

But $40! Geez!

Hey Dawn..want another house? You got the van! LOL (not being a bad influence I swear!)