Advice please

keinanna

I have been given the task of coming up with an idea for an "aisle" for my brother's wedding on saturday. They are getting married in a park and have a metal archway to stand under while the ceremony is going on but they want some kind of walkway and it has be be done on a very very tight budget any ideas?

We use to get rolls of paper for table clothes at party supply stores. Some of it was decorated for the occasion. Would that work if you had someone roll it out just before the brides walk down the isle.

Maybe a flower girl and grooms boy. ??????

You could always get some white sheets, fold them to the width you want, and anchor them into the ground with garden stakes or even metal rods. Sometimes you can get these cheap at a dollar store, or raid your families' linen closets.

If it were an evening wedding I'd get a couple of packs of small white bags and fold them in half and cut small hearts in them and place the cheap tealights in them for luminarias. Someone could come along with a butane "match" and light them just before the bride begins her walk.

You could make an aisle of hearts using flower heads/petals (use a piece of string to make the shape of each heart, follow round it with a sprinkle of petals and remove the string to leave the heart shape).

It is going to be an evening wedding it starts at 8 pm so the idea of doing little lanterns would be awesome!!!

I knew i would have some creative ideas if i posted this here :)

My brother's fiance is not from Canada and is also pregnant so this is kind of a rushed wedding to help her be able to stay here so since they only decided to get married oh about 3 weeks ago there has been a lot of work having to go into this very quickly and because it was such a rushed decision they had no savings and pretty much everything they do have needs to go to pay for her immigration/baby things but i still want to help them have as nice of a wedding as i can.

See which florists & caterers will let you have their used decorations that still look nice (artificial flowers and mini twinkling lightrs around the metal arch would be pretty). A pretty flowing white blouse with long tails over a white skirt and a oiece of white lace for a veil, if she can't afford a gown. Hey, I hit adulthood in the early '60s, beatnik/ pre-hippy, and homemade weddings can be just al nice. Getting the female families' members together to make the cake & other food can be its own party, as well as the decorating. Musical family members can play for the service and the party after. have fun!

Holly you have wonderful ideas! I'll let you plan my next wedding! I love the ideas of the luminiarias! So pretty and romantic too! And this poor young lady deserves something nice on her special day! Home weddings are just as much fun as the larger affairs! We all can't afford those huge weddings .......... Doug's daughter is a wedding consultant in Illinois and she does tons of very very expensive weddings....... I would opt for something simpler for myself

When my DM told me I had better elope, she wasn't paying for a big, elaborate wedding, I said, fine, because I didn't want a big, elaborate wedding! DH said his family would kill us both if we eloped, so we planned our own wedding down to the music. It was small, cheap and both sets of family were furious; so I guess it went well. We will celebrate our 45th anniversary in August.