Visit your AC Moore ASAP

Intrinsicat

All the Houseworks stuff is out in the main aisle at our location now and is significantly reduced. The single room boxes are $5 for small and $10 for large. The individual store fronts for the corner store set are each $25.

Working lights are $2, fan lights are between $4 and $6.... plugs and replacement bulbs are $1 - $2, etc.

And they had all kinds of trim, flooring... all of it pretty much 75% it seemed. Get it before it's gone!

Guest Nathaniel

HAHAHH Jen! you were smart like me. I went to my local AC Moore the other day and EVERYTHING was 75% off. I bought over 400 dollars worth of stuff, but only spent about 100!! I bought tons of lights, tons of curtains, a beautiful area rug, doors, a few windows, replacement light bulbs, a few furniture sets, and more. I went nuts because the prices were so amazing. i bought a curtain that would normally be 20 bux, for only 5 bux! This was last week though. I might have to go back today to see whats going on there now. My Ac Moore is bringing in a new brand of Minis, - I think Handley House, but not positive, Ill have to check next time Im there...

I wanted to get the Street of Shops set. They were only 25 bux each, but, I already have 7 or 8 houses to work on, and thats enough.... for now....

-Nathaniel ;)

No AC Moore here. ;)

The closet Hobby Lobby is 25 miles from me and they don't have much in minitures. The one that is 50 miles has a much better selection.

I am glad to here that AC Moore is chaning their brands of minitatures they carry and not dropping them.

We went out run errands today and found the only Walgreen's in the Metro area, and just a few blocks further was an AC Moore. I got two packs of baluster spindles and a pack of newel posts for US$1 each and the sleazy lastic modern family and grandparents for US$4 a set, which I shall reclothe and restyle the hair into something acceptable and let them live in one of the Toys for Tots houses.

CorryAnn, I think their prices just went down on Sunday. I went out today because their flyer in the Sunday paper mentioned big clearance savings and savings of 50% off on scrapbooking and paints. They have a whole wall of craft paints red tagged at .54 cents each (although two weeks ago they had a sale for the same paint for 3 for $1, so I'm not thrilled with the red tag price now!!)

Holly, I'm envious! Our plastic people are still at $12, so I skipped on them. I eventually wanted to get them to do about the same as you're mentioning!

Nathaniel, I think it is Handley House, that sounds familiar. All the clearance stuff is on a side aisle now... the main aisle has been taken over with cooking stuff and the main dollhouse aisle only takes up a half of one side of an aisle now. So sad!

The ACMoore here is closing! It's going to be a Joanne's later. The people there just found out this week. I just happened to be there to find out they were closing. I got lots light fixtures, rugs and I got a conservatory (18.00!) to add to my Beacon Hill. ;)

Dawn,

Have you been to the AC Moore in New London this weekend or week? I think I will stop over there after I pick up Natalie from school this morning and I will report back if they are discounting the miniature section.

Heidiii, if your store has outside clearance bins, check there too. Last night I went to the one in Hanover and most of the really reduced stuff was outside buried in bins! Even a room box! Even the lady ringing out my stuff commented that she didn't think people realized how much stuff was out there.

So I'm completely stocked up in lighting supplies! I also got three sets of those siding strips for $5 each. Not sure if that was a good deal or not, but it looked like enough to side my Beacon Hill...

My final bill was $72 and the savings line on the receipt says I saved $163!

Guest Nathaniel

My savings line said I saved about $300. I cant believe I got 400 dollars worth of stuff for only 100 bux or so.

I went back to my local AC Moore yesterday and Noticed that the new brand they are carrying are International Miniatures by Classics (which I think is Handley House). They are kind of expensive though. But, I only usually buy one thing at a time anyways with my weekly coupon that gives me anywhere from 40-60% off one regular priced item. So, even though the new brand is kind of expensive, I will never pay more than half price. :thumb:

-Nathaniel :bookread:

Well, I went to the A C Moore in Greensboro today, and got some good stuff. If I'd known it was marked down more than the listed clearance price, I would have bought more! Should have looked at my receipt before I left!

There was just a small corner in the back, where the doll house stuff is, not lots to choose from, but goodies none the less! :thumb:

Sheila

stopped at one of the 3 in my area today and it looks like they are replacing anything by houseworks with new (more expensive, cheaper quality) handley house classics brand stuff. the clearance section was miniscule. Ill probably check out the other 2 stores soon. I got some scrapbooking paper to use as wallpaper in my orchid rehab.