Some eye candy for you all! Mornington Mews

Muriel

Well I've finally kinda finished my Mornington Mews kit. It is a Dollshouse Emporium kit that I changed to open at the back instead of the front. I wrote it up in my blog which you can find here, and my gallery showes the pictures from the start of the build to the finish. (So if you've seen the start, then start looking at pictures from page two.) The garden can be found here.

I still need to finish the downstairs banister, the sitting room fireplace (which I think I'll make floor to ceiling height), and will probably also do some panelling in the sitting room.

gallery_2387_1392_2019.jpg

Now I need a name for it. It is supposed to be Georgian style. What ideas do people have?

Hope you enjoy looking at it :lol:

Muriel

Being a huge Pride and Prejudice fan, I think it reminds me of Longbourn House or Lucas Lodge. It's not quite Pemberly or Rosings (too small, but very lovely).

I think you've done a wonderful job, Muriel!

Thanks for your name ideas! I like Oakland .... and Bluecourt.... Baywater.... Think at the moment we're (Chris and I) are leaning towards Oakland House, but I will have to make a big oak for out front.

They are Sylvanian Families. They look great, but are too small. Really they'd need at least half scale furniture I think to look less out of place. They're fine on the sofas, but once you stand them in the kitchen, the top of their heads barely reach the counter! They need lots of step stools around the place :thumb: