My Music Room is finally finished!

Wolfie

I couldn't get a decent photo of the entire roombox as it makes things way too small, but I have some photos of different parts of the box to share. This is a roombox with a foyer and a music room. I made every piece of furniture in the room from HOM and RealLife kits. The chairs are all HOM kits, the clock and the fireplace as well. The piano, piano stool, violen, bookcase, and furniture in the foyer are RealLife. The mirror in the Foyer is a HOM kit. What fun! I started planning this roombox last year but never could seem to get what was in my mind to come out. Finally I think it has worked!

After I took the pictures, I realized that one of the statues had fallen over - so much for the wax! Anyway will be doing more pics soon.

Thanks for looking!

:wave:

As we have stated before, HOM stands for House of Miniatures kits, which are no longer available except on Ebay or some such. RealLife is also out of business. Sad....sad for us anyway! I wish now I had bought MANY more of the kits when they were available! The bookcase is HUGE! Almost 8 inches tall, and equal wide. I love it. I think it came out pretty night. There are three doors on the bottom, however, they do not open. I tried to make them open, but the 1/8" wood keeps splitting when you try to pin hinge so I gave up.

The piano I consider my "masterpiece!" I love the piano.....I tried to make this a combination library and music room. The foyer is made of foam core. It's basically a box with an opening. At the far end there is a door, which does not open....HELP! WE ARE LOCKED IN! LOL The wallpaper in the foyer are just the tiny flowers on a pale peachy pink background taken from the stripe in the other paper. They are coordinating wallpapers by Mini Graphics. I picked a slightly darker peachy pink carpet, but did the foyer floor in wood planking.

Thank you for all the nice compliments! You guys swell my head!

Gina

Thank you all. I finally got some photos of the entire box. I'm not happy with them, but they are not too bad! I'm going to change out the chairs to new ones in rust colored fabric with blue accents. It will be a while though, have much to do.

Finally it's "spring" or spring=like here today!

Wow! I think your reupholstery plan is a good one, the chair bigs for a dontrast from the light wood, and it's lovely lines will stand out more distinctly with a darker upholstery.