When houses talk

keinanna

So I have read about so many people saying the houses will talk to you but when do they stop?. I feel like my house never stops it always wants something new. The orchid was going to be mine but now it wants to go to my daughter (it loves her more than me -_- ) I just dont know what to do i love the idea of bashing it for myself and doing electrical but it seems like it does not like that idea anymore and wants to be finished sooner

The San Fran keeps chattering away to me. Sometimes they stop when they get what they want. The Storybook Cottage has quieted down now that I lowered her 2nd floor. She knows she is almost done so she's giving me ideas about her interior goodies, but isn't yelling for anything else major. Thank goodness. Some never stop, if you're the type that likes to play and rearrange and update. Most do eventually.

Think about it this way. If the Orchid wants to go to your daughter, it needs a new brother or sister to talk to. Maybe it could be a house that you want. Go look and see if any new ones are calling your name. Double the fun! -_-

I am by no means a graphic designer so please excuse the very poor editing of this picture

This is sort of what i had in mind with the upper railing being a white wraught iron if i keep the origional idea and bash it this is kinda what i have in mind if i dont it will just be the basic house i am torn

post-3185-1213306015_thumb.jpg

Thats a great kit bash idea. It would look wonderful. I think houses dont ever stop talking. Just when I think that they have gone quiet, one of them will give out a yell when I have a new idea or see some new mini. Dont let months of silence fool you.

I still dont know what to do its like a never ending battle of should i bash it or leave it and make it into my daughters house both ideas seem to have their turn in arguement and it goes back and forth several times a day hopefully i will have the arthur soon and then both houses can scream out at me and settle between them which is going where

It is when they do not talk that is a problem. I have the Pomeroy house just sitting there, not saying a word. I finally bought the fencing for the balcony and porch and she is still not talking.

I agree with Holly. Once you have a clear idea of what you want and you are almost finished...the house usually shuts up.

No, they never shut up!!! Sometimes, they lay quiet for a bit, but then they just decide they want something. My very first house demanded all new carpeting. The 2 boys who live there wanted to move to the attic, so they'd have more room. My Mystery Tabbie, insisted I learn how to tapewire, and she is adamant about getting a wall up in her dining room, on the main floor to have a sitting spot. The Washington, 2.0 insisted on gatting her flower boxes filled, and The Willow, that's been poutting is just staring to ask for stuff, like a tiled black marble fireplace. All these voices, COFFEE TIME!!!

I was starting to worry because I hadn't started hearing voices yet, lol, but in the past few days its like it is making up for lost time! Colors, furnishings, etc! I never knew this would become an addiction when I started a few weeks ago!

I was starting to worry because I hadn't started hearing voices yet, lol, but in the past few days its like it is making up for lost time! Colors, furnishings, etc! I never knew this would become an addiction when I started a few weeks ago!

I don't think any of us knew when we first started. It took me all of about 5 minutes to realize that one house wouldn't be enough.

Be happy they talk. I had a house in pieces in the living room that was silent for so long, I finally got tired of stepping over it and put it all under my bed. Naturally, now it yaks and yaks, so of course at night I'm lying there walking myself through the steps of building this house when I should be sleeping (and then they wonder why I can't get up before noon).

They will slow down or even be content and quiet for a while. But then the paint looks faded or they hear you talking about the new lighting that came out or you got a bonus check and one of the houses decides it needs new furniture since you can afford it now.....