house frustration

A & A

okay so i am very frustrated with my newburg right now. i can't get an exterior look that i like. i have tried brick, stucco, siding, etc. i am so upset about this. right now the poor house is just sitting in my dining room looking forelorn and scared. it is like a naked baby... ;) just can't figure out what to wear.

Maybe, shes modest and won't talk because she's nude, maybe you need to cover her with a cloth to give her some modesty.....Then she might tell you what she wants to be dressed in.

Other than that my only suggestion is you sit down with her in front of the computer and show her some ideas that you like and see if she likes any of them. Maybe she will see something in the window shoping that really takes her and your fancy!

I'm the 33 person to read this post and the first one to reply, but I'm sure we'll not the only ones who has had the problem. My last doll house I brought as a cafe, and it turned into a bridal shop! So wait and see what she wants, other than that the cloth might be there for a little while.

When frustrated, just walk away from it for a bit. I'll bet once your head clears a bit from the frustration, inspiration will hit. My Beacon Hill is doing the same thing to me right now, but that's okay, she will not get paint till she speaks up! ;)

Guest Nathaniel
okay so i am very frustrated with my newburg right now. i can't get an exterior look that i like. i have tried brick, stucco, siding, etc. i am so upset about this. right now the poor house is just sitting in my dining room looking forelorn and scared. it is like a naked baby... ;) just can't figure out what to wear.

Amanda, I just picked up a naked Newberg myself (you can see it in my gallery) and I decided before I even picked it up that it wouldnt look right with brick, stucco, or siding. Instead I am just going to paint it with multiple beautiful colors to make it a wonderful Painted Lady Victorian. Currently, I am using Blue, and Grey, with Burgundy and White trim as a color scheme for mine. But that could still change, but its pretty set now. Im just planning on playing with all the colors first to see if I like it, and then spending an afternoon or evening painting it. I think all the Newberg needs to look beautiful is a few gorgeous paint colors. It doesnt need siding, brick, stucco, or anything else, in my opinion.

You should choose a color combination of 3 or 4 colors. Some people go with Pastel colors. I prefer more masculine, darker colors. You could get some ideas by googling "Painted Lady Victorian" or whatnot. I will actually try the paint on the house first in a little spot to see if I like it. Some people might do a soft yellow color with green and burgundy trim and accents. Some may do it in very pale shades. I prefer the dark colors as I think of dark colors as very Victorian. I also like to paint my houses to look like houses that I might actually live in.

Hope this helps! Send me a message if you need more help!

-Nathaniel :o

Ive had houses that havent talked to me before at all, like my Orchid. She didnt talk to me for months but thankfully, she was dressed.

I compromise and let them speak to me as to how they want to be decorated but nudity is unacceptable. They have to speak to me when I get ready to clothe them or theyre putting on whatever garment is on hand.

Some houses are just shameless. I remember that my second Buttercup would have actually preferred nudity to clothing.

Dont post a picture of your house on the internet while shes undressed. You never know where those pictures might end up.

Ive had houses that havent talked to me before at all, like my Orchid. She didnt talk to me for months but thankfully, she was dressed.

I compromise and let them speak to me as to how they want to be decorated but nudity is unacceptable. They have to speak to me when I get ready to clothe them or theyre putting on whatever garment is on hand.

Some houses are just shameless. I remember that my second Buttercup would have actually preferred nudity to clothing.

Dont post a picture of your house on the internet while shes undressed. You never know where those pictures might end up.

-_- :)

Yes, yes, we can't have any embarrassment with our houses!

Amanda, did she start talking? Maybe you need a strong light and a good cop/bad cop routine? Maybe not.

She'll come around. I want to know what she decides on.

Another idea on painting a newburg is what I did with mine. Walls are a cream, like the color of French Vanilla ice cream and trim is a rose. I really like the combination, but keep in mind that this doll house is being made for a 10 year old girl.

Terri

Another idea on painting a newburg is what I did with mine. Walls are a cream, like the color of French Vanilla ice cream and trim is a rose. I really like the combination, but keep in mind that this doll house is being made for a 10 year old girl.

Terri

And where are the pictures???? :wave: That sound like a very pretty combinations, for anyone but especially for a child.

yeah well, i realized in reading this that her poor mother is calling her the wrong name. she is a newport....lordy am i tired lately. and she is still not talking to me at all. i just stare at her every day and every day she says nothing.....it is actually very very frustrating......

Amanda,

Maybe she just wants to be left alone for a while. Work on her furniture or something else, away from her. I just get the feeling that she will let you know, and won't be shy about it at all, she's just tired and frustrated too with all the choices.

You've got 2 little ones at home...you don't need more frustration...TRUST ME, I have 4. Spend what little (I'm sure) free time you have enjoying another hobby for about a week or so.

Just my opinion...take it or leave it.

Terri

ps No more staring her down, just look at her with caring and tell her that you're going to be patient with her and let her come to you.