Flower Border Class

Well, Maybe I will do a side note picture for those using rocks  :blink:  .

I will try to add those pictures today to my gallery here (Nope you can't see it yet. It's still private till class time)  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it OK to sit in on the class even if you aren't participating?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Susanne, you can buy small low heat glue guns at most craft stores.  I think the smaller ones are better for these little projects because they don't spit out as much glue as the larger ones.  Maybe that's an idea for you?!  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought myself one of the small glue guns when I was at Michaels, but I bought a hot one. I saw the low heat ones, but didn't know if they'd work for this project.

Thanks, I appreciate you helping me out. My wrists are just unpredictable. I usually know my limitations in my comfort zone, but glue guns are new to me. I'm not sure how I'll do, but I'll also be armed with my tacky glue and a spray adhesive ... just in case.

Susanne

I have my supplies and I am in gardening mode!

let the class begin!

oh and ladies...if just one of them rocks comes near me Ima gonna..... well you never mind what Ima gonna do! :angry:

but I do have paper and straws handy along with a couple of rubberbands....so you save your rock throwin for the TEACHER!!!

rofl!

nutti :blink:

Well, I signed on last night all ready for the class.  No one was even logged on last night at around 7:00 p.m.  I thought "where is everybody" . . . did I miss something?  I was about to have a panic attack when I realized the class isn't until NEXT Sunday!  :blink:  Whew!!  You know you're getting old when . . .  :angry:

heheheeheheee Don't feel bad Teresa. For some reason, I was thinking that it was next month until I read your post and went "Oh wow! If she hadn't said that, I would have missed it!". So I set a reminder in Outlook so I won't forget.

Deb

Is it OK to sit in on the class even if you aren't participating?

<handing you a slingshot> Here ya go! You can scout for the oaf while we're glueing. And if you spot him, lemme know and I'll blast a glob of glue on the rock before you let fly. <cackle> That'll be a lesson that'll stick with him!

Deb

oh and ladies...if just one of them rocks comes near me Ima gonna..... well you never mind what Ima gonna do! :blink:

<quickly dropping my slingshot> <straighening halo> I promise not to send a single rock in your direction. I'm not makin' any promises about not flipping flower petals your way tho. hehehehehheheheee

Deb

Well, I signed on last night all ready for the class.  No one was even logged on last night at around 7:00 p.m.  I thought "where is everybody" . . . did I miss something?  I was about to have a panic attack when I realized the class isn't until NEXT Sunday!  :blink:  Whew!!  You know you're getting old when . . .  :angry:

Susanne, you can buy small low heat glue guns at most craft stores.  I think the smaller ones are better for these little projects because they don't spit out as much glue as the larger ones.  Maybe that's an idea for you?!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought I missed it until I got up and looked at my calendar :p I might send the girsl outside if its not too cold and have them collect me some small rocks for mine :D

Lyn

I'm all ready for the flower border class.

Would you believe that it's snowing here. Been snowing for 2 days. It's been a brown year up to now. So, yes, I'm ready to plant flowers.

Tomorrow I'm going to practice with my glue gun.

Susanne

Tomorrow I'm going to practice with my glue gun.
You go Susanne!! I was going to suggest that to you, but saw you're one step ahead of me!!

Well, Maybe I will do a side note picture for those using rocks  .

Yippee! My little rocks will be very very happy to be included (they were off sulking in the corner)! :o

Now I have to go and find some protective head gear and clothing . . . don't want to be hit by stray rocks flying around the room!! :)

Susanne, I have both a high temp glue gun and a low temp glue gun. You definitely want the low temp one. The high temp one will melt your plastic flowers! I'm not kidding... I've made wreaths with my husband's high temp one. The low temp one is nice because you can actually pull things off after the glue has cooled if you don't like the way they look, and you can push the glue into place with your fingers. It's hot when it first squeezes out, but a few seconds after that it's cool enough to manipulate.

I might not be able to come after all. My SIL is in town and I think I'm probably going to have to spend Sunday with my in-laws. Bummer.

Ray and I spent this afternoon constructing a garden for the flower border class. This garden will extend off to the side of my Arrow dollhouse. I've put pictures in the Gallery. The short walkway that you'll see is where the backdoor opens into the garden.

Eventually this garden will enter into a larger one that will be the whole length of the dollhouse.

I want to learn to do a flower border to edge along the wall.

Susanne

I was trying to take some photos of my Beacon Hill garden earlier today. I'd recently bought a couple of new sweaters for my Heidi Ott dolls. I had set up to take some photos so I could send them to the lady who had done the knitting, when Trinity decided to pop her head into my view finder. I've told her many times that she's not in scale, but she doesn't care.

Susanne

Tracy I've received my kit and love the frog in the fountain. Sorry it's taken so long to answer but my cable connection is playing hide and seek with me for the last week and half. I've talked to 5 techs on the phone, one in person and they still don't have the problem resolved. I've told them I'm taking a class and it better be fixed by Friday. So if cable guys will cooperate or if the connection will last long enough, I will be here for the class. But if I'm missing you know I've gone hunting for the cable guy.

Deb we may need more than a sling shot for these guys. Where's the hard ammo?

Peggi

Peggi -

Warn the Cable Guy that we've all got a lot of rocks that we're not using for the flower border class ... and we've got our slingshots loaded.

Susanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep! Do that Peggi! Even I've got rocks!

Ray and I spent this afternoon constructing a garden for the flower border class.  This garden will extend off to the side of my Arrow dollhouse.  I've put pictures in the Gallery.  The short walkway that you'll see is where the backdoor opens into the garden. 

Oooooooooohh! Awesome job Susanne! That's going to be a beautiful garden! You did an excellent job on it. And the giant kitty watching over it is a really nice touch. :o You know we couldn't do anything without feline supervision.

You're looking like a pro with that glue gun already too!

My prep for the class has been prepping sheets of basswood to fit along the edges of the Pierce front porch. I've wanted to put flower borders there ever since I started building it. And now I can! Wooohoooo! I'm *so* excited!

Deb

Deb we may need more than a sling shot for these guys.  Where's the hard ammo?

This looks like a job for ~ta-da~ Wrist Rockets! <hauling out a box of them> Best slingshots ever. Lock and load ladies!

Deb

This might be helpful for knowing the exact time of the class since we're on all different time zones. It's a map of time zones for the US and there's a link there for the rest of the world too. So now we can tell what time it will be where we're at when it's 7:00pm CST.

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-usa12.php

Hope that helps.

Deb

Deb -

Thanks for the time zone map!! I was going to go online this weekend to be sure that would be logged in on time. I'm so looking forward to this class. Can't wait to get my hands on that glue gun. I've only got one question for my husband: How come I've got the small gun??

Susanne

If ANYTHING, should go wrong and the Chat room don't work, PLEASE come to this topic and we will do the class like we did the other time for the fireplace class.

;)

Remember "No rock throwing"! Linda, No sling shots either <Heee Hee Haa Haa Haa :blink: > ;) :blink: