Flower Border Class

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered my kit today! I'm so excited to receive it and I'm looking forward to the class on Sunday! :huh:

I want to send out a big 'THANKS' to Tracy for getting this together for us! You help to make our "houses" "homes" to be proud of!! :)

We will be somewhere in the Ocala National Forest Sunday, hopefully NOT freezing our tushies off! After all that hoping it rained almost all day Saturday, then turned freezing (supposed to get into the 'teens in the AM) so we never got to ride, but I found a Jean Nisbett book in a Book Sale shop and lots of mini supplies in HL in Valdosta. I got halfway down the the third floral swag border of my rug I'm stitching :huh:

If you do the class in the chatroom could you still post pictures & directions in a blog for those of us who miss it? I do mini landscape, but always ready to learn new tricks!

I will be able to attend the class!!! I am soooo excited as this will be my first time to be involved in learning something like this and to be a part of the class!!! :)

I just bought a kit from you Tracey! Thank you so much for taking the time to do to teach us! I made a note on my oder what piece I would like to have with my kit.

Thank you sooooo much!!!! :D

When you get your flower kits, I forgot to mention a couple things for you to do. One thing is, you can use the box that I sent these in as the cardboard base.

The second thing is, the white flowers that I sent. One way to make those look a little more realistic is to get one toothpick and pick a paint color for the insides. Dap your toothpick in the paint color of your choice then dap the green center part of your flower.

If you do this now, it will be dry in time for class :D . The attached picture shows which flowers I am referring to.

post-4-1140205040_thumb.jpg

I received my supplies yesterday! Good thing Brian shovelled the walks yesterday! We're under about 2 feet of snow!

Tracy, I love the bird feeder! I'm going to put some seed in it to make it more realistic. I suppose white glue will work if I mix it together?! Don't want them spilling out all over the place! :D

Looking forward to the class on Sunday! Be there or be square! ;)

I am so happy that everyone is getting the kits!!

Right now, just cut a piece small enough to manage cutting later. I can't remember the size eactly so just cut it about 8" by 8" I know it'll be smaller than that but at least this way it is managable.

:D

I have lots of rocks too! But that's okay ... I'm very excited about this class. Went to Michaels today and bought some small flowers. Had them on sale. I spent this evening cutting them off the vine. I'm itching to get my fingers on Ray's glue gun. Never glue gunned before! Do I need a holster?

Susanne

Aw, darn. The one thing I definitely have lots of is rocks!!!! hee hee.
Ditto that over here! :blink:

Maybe the next class can be a rock garden :angry:

<gazing sadly at my little bag of rocks all ready to be a garden> <wee voice>

No rocks?

<wicked grin> <pulling my chair over by Cat and Christine> <sneaking slingshots out of my pocket and passing them around>

<innocent look at Tracy> Um, we weren't doing anything. Really. Honest. We're just gonna go find that oaf that went drinking with his cousin instead of going to Cat's art exhibit.

Deb

If you do, be sure to cool that puppy down first before you holster it.  :blink:

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would you believe my husband is also concerned about me using a glue gun! He told me that they get very hot. He wants me to use my tacky glue...but I'm bound and determined to try out a glue gun. My wrists aren't very good, and sometimes I'm not able to hold things properly, and then I drop things.

Ray's going to set me up with a table beside the computer desk .... I'll bet he figures out some way to line it with pot holders so I don't burn anything.

Susanne

I have rocks too! I may go ahead and use them anyway around the perimeter of the cardboard as a retaining wall. I glued the seeds into my Angel bird feeder. It looks pretty cool!

Well, I signed on last night all ready for the class. No one was even logged on last night at around 7:00 p.m. I thought "where is everybody" . . . did I miss something? I was about to have a panic attack when I realized the class isn't until NEXT Sunday! :blink: Whew!! You know you're getting old when . . . :angry:

Would you believe my husband is also concerned about me using a glue gun!

Susanne, you can buy small low heat glue guns at most craft stores. I think the smaller ones are better for these little projects because they don't spit out as much glue as the larger ones. Maybe that's an idea for you?! :p

<gazing sadly at my little bag of rocks all ready to be a garden>  <wee voice> 

No rocks?

<wicked grin>  <pulling my chair over by Cat and Christine>  <sneaking slingshots out of my pocket and passing them around> 

<innocent look at Tracy>  Um, we weren't doing anything.  Really.  Honest.  We're just gonna go find that oaf that went drinking with his cousin instead of going to Cat's art exhibit. 

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! OMG!!!! ROFLMREO!!! LOL!!!

Danged Deb, you're about to make me choke here! Let me join in on this though. Sounds like fun!