Flower Border Class

I have received all that I could get for this class and I am sad to say that I could only find a few (about 9) different resin items to add to the center of the borders. I am trying to resize the pictures so I can list the kits on my site but I did want to put the list down for everyone because some of you will more than likly be able to find the items you need.

You will need the following:

1 piece of card board

Sheet Moss

15 small rocks (optional)

small silk flowers that look scale sized

small clay flowers (I have pansies & daffodiles)

1 fence (Can buy the picket fence from walmart in natural or white or "iron" plastic fence.

green poly fiber

fern leaves or other vine looking of leaves ( they have them sometimes at the dollar store)

Hot Glue Gun

Hot Glue Gun Sticks

My kits will containe enough stuff to create one flower border with extras left over. I will post more info on class dates soon. Also, please sign up so I'll know how many people are participating :angry:

The class will be on Sunday February 26 at 7pm CST.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<holstering glue gun to my belt> <quickly removing glue gun> <making mental note to unplug it before putting it in the holster>

I'm all excited about this class! Learning about landscaping is something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

Deb

Uh,whats green poly fiber? And where do I get some? terri

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't know Terri, that's why I want nice little pictures, so I don't get too confused. It tends to blow fuses in my brain ...

You can look at my website to see what the poly green fiber is. It is listed under garden items. If you can't find any it's not that big of a dea but, I do use it. You can get it at a train supply place. You can get sheet moss at any hobby place (Just ask them where it is and they'll point you to it) The stones you would want them to be as big as a penny or nickel.

:D

Also, as regards to flowers, look in the flower section of a store and look for any silk flowers that can pass for small flowers in 1" scale. It is amazing what you can find.

Pictures for the kits will be available today. I am having problems with my close up pictures being to big of a file LOL. I am using a new computer so please bear with me :lol:

The class will be on Sunday February 26 at 7pm CST. Please send me a PM so that you can sign up and I will have a better idea of how many people will be attending.

Thanks

Okay, I took some pictures of things I have just so that you can take a look at how some silk flowers are perfect for our scale. Click Here

Also HBS has some things that can be used in the center of your border. You also don't need a fence or anything in the center. I have made lots of borders without anything in the centers. It is fine to have just the flowers. You also don't have to make a border. I think Melanie sent me a message last night saying she wants to make a different scene (was it a garden??). So let your imagination go with this. It is okay to think outside the box.

:lol:

I have a really stupid question. Being a time zone illterate- what time will it be here in Pittsburgh when its 7PM CST ? Sorry but  they don't let me out in the real world very much. :lol:

terri

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's see, you and I are in the Eastern Time Zone, then comes Central, Mountain and Pacific. So that would be 8 pm our time.

How is the class going to be conducted? I'd like to participate but am kind of clueless as to using anything but bulletin boards or email to communicate on the web.

Hi You can substitue sheet moss for reindeer moss but those are the only two I would suggest.

Thanks Christine for helping with the time Zone. I am never sure of anything but my own time zone LOL. We will use the Chat room and if that messes up again I'll open a topic under " Current Miniature News & Events" and it will be titled flower border class. But, as it stands now, it will be in the chat room.

Everyone signed up please check that the chat room works for you.

:lol:

I'd like to sign up too please.

I'll check to see what I've got around ... I can always get HBS to fedex me out anything I'm missing. Miniature landscaping is something that I really enjoy. It's so much more fun sitting in a comfortable chair, with a glass of wine or a cup of coffee, landscaping in miniature......rather than doing it outside where you have to crawl around and get dirty.

Susanne

I would love to sign up for this class. I'll need to get most of the supplies on the list, but I should be able to do so by the 26th.

However, I can't get into the live chat section (if that is where the class will be held). Apparently my browser is not java enabled and the java support page cannot be found. Anyone have any ideas for a computer semi-illiterate?

Judy

Here is a picture of some of the flowers you get for the class if you buy the kit. There are only 7 kits left and thet is not including 2 being held still for 2 people. There should be stuff left over to do a smaller border if you like. Please go to my Webpage to purchase the flower kit. Please do NOT upgrade shipping. Shipping cost includes priority shipping. :huh:

post-4-1139765182_thumb.jpg

Tracy, I need to make a border for my 1/2" scale house, so I'm going to see what I can improvise. I have a little wishing well and a bench that I bought at CVS last year for those little Christmas scenes that I think are the right scale, so I'm going to try to use those and find some tiny silk flowers. I have some dried moss, but I don't think I have any reindeer moss left so I'll try to get some, and I have some stones and misc. dried plant material I can use as well, and some little white picket fencing.