"Newbee"

My name is Andi, and I'm a "mini-nut!" It started when my daughter was young, and all the girls in our complex had Barbie dolls, along with the fashion clothing, dollhouses....on and and. I was a single parent with two jobs, but wanted my kid to have. So I bought barbie clothes patterns, thrift store shirts for fabric, a couple of bags of scrap balsa wood, and on a 3x3 piece of plywood, I built a four room Barbie house complete with dishes,food, cleaning products using lables off coupons to make them look like the real deal. She even had a bed made from a rather cigar box that also doubled as the clothes storage. I had a blast working on it nights, when I hade the only time (two jobs), but nothing was as rewarding as the glow on my daughters face when her freinds came to play with the "COOL" doll house her Mom made her. She's 32 now and the dollhouse has long been gone, but now I have time, and even more so of a passion for the world of miniatures, along with my passion for gardening, and making grown-up stuff, and of coarse my ultimate passion of all, my wondrful husband, and my cut-up mini-schnauzer "Baxter". I recently purchased the Coventry Cottage, price was GREAT and assembly (so far) has been OK. Looking more forward to the fancy, frills and extras!!!! I must also add that you ladies are ABSOLUTLY AMAZING!!!!!!! The attention you pay to detail blows my mind!! Furthermore, it's nice to know that your're out there, having already "been there-done that" for furture questions one might encounter?........getting ready to do the shingles, and I have'nt a clue.....stay tuned.

Welcome Andi! Your story made me smile - my mom used to make Barbie houses and accessories with us. A bookshelf for the house. A car from a tissue box - with a door that opened and closed! A wardrobe/closet from a milk carton with a straw across the inside for the bar to hang hangers. Beds from books with washcloths and tissues for bedding......

We had so much fun, and looking back it was much better than the store bought stuff. Of course, at the time, I still really wanted that townhouse with the elevator, but making the stuff ourselves, and thinking up ways to recreate the things we saw in the store with household items kept us busy and interested for much longer than the plastic pieces would have. In fact, one thing I noticed at the time, was that the girls who had all of the store bought Barbie things (and who I was jealous of) never played with it!!!

Anyway, the Coventry Cottage is an adorable house. Can't wait to see how your turns out!

Welcome to the forum family, Andi :missing:

I must also add that you ladies are ABSOLUTLY AMAZING
The work our gentlemen members do is incredible! The Coventry Cottage is a great kit to bash, as you can see in the Team Coventry Cottage Blogs.

Welcome Andi! I enjoyed your story. We are quite the group, aren't we? I get so much inspiration from these members. Can't wait to see pictures of your Coventry!

(Eons ago) I built a dollhouse for my daughters' barbies out of an old pallet and scrap plywood. Carpet from a dumpster. It was the house I always wanted. Until I found here. And I found all kinds of houses I want. And so much prettier. Can't wait for pics of your dollhouse.

Hey Guys! I'm so sorry for over looking your talents! :huh: I've seen some of your work, and you are also AMAZING! Be looking to you guys for advice as well. :lol: Andi, the mini-nut