My very first Dollhouse ; The Orchid

I just have a very simple question, and maybe alittle dumb...lol...but which side is the exterior side of the house? The smooth side, or the rough side.

Im reading the instructions, but all I see is Blahhhhhhh. Its probably very easy to understand, but Im just having a time understanding everything properly.

thanks

katherine

I've not built the Orchid - so I don't know if there's a set way the exterior walls have to go or not, but I'd have to agree with Carrie on this one - the house has to fit together. Do a dry fit of the exterior - hold the sides & front together with masking tape and then look & see if the tabs on the floors are still aligned with the tab holes in the exterior walls; also - will the roof still fit properly?

On my Adam's kit I deliberately turned the front wall around from the way it was in the kit picture - because I wanted the window on the other side. Then I needed to turn the two side walls around too - basically just creating a mirror image of the picture on the kit instructions.

I just have a very simple question, and maybe alittle dumb...lol...but which side is the exterior side of the house? The smooth side, or the rough side.

Im reading the instructions, but all I see is Blahhhhhhh. Its probably very easy to understand, but Im just having a time understanding everything properly.

thanks

katherine

First of all, Katherine, SHAME on you for using the "D" word with the word "question"! NO question is dumb if you need to ask it! If you are going to build the kit exactly as it's oriented in the picture on the box, the smooth side of the wood is the "right" side (outside); if you want to flip the kit you would reverse the pieces.