CRUD!!!!!!!!! dumped on with kittens!!

sunshines_minis

:angry: So about 1 hr ago I had the neighbor knock at my door claming that my cat was the mother of these 2 about 7 wk old kitties. Fisrt let me point out my fixed male cat only became an indoor out door cat 5 wks ago. ;)

Now I live on a high traffic road and being the animal lover I am, I took them in the house. My 3 kids went nuts!!! They thought I had got them kitties for gift B) . After breaking thier hearts :( , now I have to find homes for them. :(

Kitties don't take up any room like dogs. And a lot easier to care for than birds. And water gardens are seasonal - so only part time. And think how helpful they could be in building your houses. They could crawl in them to keep them dusted and remove excess sawdust and stuff.

It's worth it, really. Just tell yourself at least it's only two. I had to find homes for FIVE when a stray cat had her litter under my deck (we kept mom).

You're doing a great thing, and I believe in karma - so for a little agony in finding them homes now, you'll be rewarded later (aside from feeling like you saved two lives!)

That's the one thing that sucks about Spring... the overcrowding in the shelters.

Poor Sunshine! Looks like you're not gonna get much sympathy from the animal lovers! :wave: Three of the replys urge you to keep them; since you can't, maybe Corwin, Intrinsicat or Chesterfieldzoo will take one (too bad you only have 2). :)

No kitties for me. I have a REAL houseful. (5 dogs, 8 parrots, 50 little birds, 12 guinea pigs, 2 big tortoises, 12 other land and water turtles, hamsters, ducks, chicken, 8 ponds with 70 koi and 30 goldfish, 6 huge aquariums, stingrays, misc wild animals to rehab) So keeping 2 little kittens seems like a piece of cake.

One summer we ended up with 25 cats, all because people started leaving kittens on our doorstep, and we couldn't find homes for them, and didn't have the heart to take them to the humane society.

We had two cats of our own, then seven kittens were left on our doorstep, with five more left a few months later. I guess we should have kept them as indoor cats until we had money enough to fix them all, because a year later, they had multiplied to 25.

It was not a good thing.

An elderly woman on the island had the same thing happen to her around the same time.

Come to think of it, keeping them indoors wouldn't have helped, since not all of them were female.

No kitties for me. I have a REAL houseful. (5 dogs, 8 parrots, 50 little birds, 12 guinea pigs, 2 big tortoises, 12 other land and water turtles, hamsters, ducks, chicken, 8 ponds with 70 koi and 30 goldfish, 6 huge aquariums, stingrays, misc wild animals to rehab) So keeping 2 little kittens seems like a piece of cake.

Yikes! Now i know where the 'zoo' comes from in your ID.

I’m worse than a kid; if an animal come to my door, it will find a place in my home. However, having only three cats and a dog I understand by you can not keep them. I hope you find a home for them soon to make the process less painful.