My first try at making a bed

Tess11

I'm making a bed for Paige's Cardinal House. I got as far as making the bed from ceiling tile and putting the dust ruffle and comforter on. It still needs pillows and a headboard, but it's coming along. It's in my blog:

Bed Progess

Thanks to Casey whose instructions helped me tremendously!

Looking gooo-oood! Love the colours, so do you allready have a setting in mind for it or did you tell and I sort of got sidetracked by the eye candy????

Hugs and thanks for sharing!

Thanks everyone! It was a learning experience, but not bad for a first try.

Anna- It's for Paige's Cardinal House (AKA Storybook Cottage). I'm afraid it might me a tad big. We'll see. She made her own pillow for it and stuck a mini stuffed animal to sleep on it last night. I'll try to get to the pillows tonight.

Awww, that is so sweet with the stuffed animal allready there! Keeping figners crossed it will fit, but then again if it doesn't you have a purrrrr-fect excuse to look into a new house that will fit it :p hehe....

Hugs

You know what I thought might be good for making sheets out of??? The old handkerchiefs you can buy at yards sales etc. They have usually been washed hundreds of times and the fabric is really soft and would probably drape well and lay flat. Anyone tried it?

You know what I thought might be good for making sheets out of??? The old handkerchiefs you can buy at yards sales etc. They have usually been washed hundreds of times and the fabric is really soft and would probably drape well and lay flat. Anyone tried it?

No, but it's a good idea. They always have really pretty lacey ones at the 99 cents store and that makes me think I should try those as well. Thanks for getting me thinking about what else to use!!

Tiffany, I pm'd you with a pattern site, but neglected to mention I'm using fine crochet cotton to knit with. I tried fingering yarn but it came out to tight.

I love the idea of the hankies. I have about 30 of them inherited from my grandmother. I already made drapes with some with tatted edges (my great aunt used to tat) so I guess the house will have memories of my ancestors in it!

I just finished the exterior of The Arthur and now going to start on the interior. I plan to do one room at a time so it will take a bit but I am excited. I have a whole box of little items I've collected over the past few months to decorate with.

Very nice, can't wait to see it finished, also have had a read of your blog, have added it to my fav's and will check on it when I look at Casey's....

Now I think I need to "put my money where my mouth is" and go find some nice material etc to make one myself! So tomorrow after work I'm off to town to see what I can find!

I am getting in here a bit late. Reading back, I have used old handkerchiefs for years. I use them for sheets and pillowcases and also for underwear for dolls. You can cut them in such a way that there is a fancy edge for petticoats and other things. A few times I have even used them for dresses.

If anyone wants to follow my tutorial and needs help, just give a yell. I'm happy to help. I am really proud of Tiffany. Her first try is turning out beautifully!

Wow, guys- I'm feeling almost embarrased at how much praise I've gotten over this little project. B) ;) I would never have known where to begin without Casey's tutorial. But it's not hard once you get going- it just takes time and it's hard to wait sometimes while the glue dries- as we all know!

Casey- I'm honored by your comments. You are so talented- your blog inspires me everyday!

Rhonda- Got your PM and I LOVE the pattern site. I just have to figure out where to get size 0 needles. Pretty soon I'll be using shish kabob skewers or toothpicks! I have size 2 but that's the smallest I could find so far.

I absolutely LOVE the idea of using your grandmother's handkerchiefs in your houses. What a way to remember her by! That's something special.

My DH will be golfing in Santa Barbara this weekend (must be nice!) so I will have more time to mini. Yippee!!!

I already wrote to Tiffany to tell her where to get the mini knitting needles. I thought that maybe the rest of you would like to look on this website. It has all the needles you are looking for and some beadknitting patterns besides. Go here.

http://www.shopatron.com/index/326.0.10538.10539.0.0.0