New Site for Miniature Beds!

Kitten

This lady makes the cutest miniature beds...

lorrainescuderi.com

I was looking for the perfect bed for my MHM Shabby Chic house and I'm going to get one from her. I LOVE her work so much, I think I'm going to splurge on a few of her dressed beds for my other houses as well.

Check it out....

Thanks for both sites. I know Deb does beautiful work, and eye candy is always fun. Since I am working on a miniature bed right now, I enjoyed looking at all the beds. Thanks!

Lorraine Scuderi's work is featured in the July 2008 issue of DollsHouse and Miniatures Scene magazine that arrived yesterday. One of her beds is on the cover. She does lovely work.

I've ordered beds from Lorraine and they are fabulous. She's a lovely lady to deal with.

Another lady who does a great job in dressing beds - if you look in my Beacon Hill children's bedroom you'll see a couple of Kelly's beds - Beds by Kelly. I'll go get the link.

here:

http://bedsbykelly.com/links.html

-Susanne

Some of those beds looks like they could be cheaper ones.......Some lace, some silk, some other fabrics, and some skills (cannot for get them) and a bit of practice, and the world is our oyster.....One of our members Casey has picutre and written instructions on how to do a bed from scratch, so maybe we could all give it a go and supply some eye candy for each other.......or at least a good laugh at our first attempts.......and think what you can do with the rest of the money... I do not begruge paying for a really nice bed, pillow, hat etc, but if we can build a house we should be able to make a bed.....

Thanks for the links they are good for ideas!

Those beds are beautiful! I have been working on my own bedding for my Woodstock. It does not compair to hers...yet...maybe with practice. Heck, my 11 year old son has even asked to help sew and wants to help build.

This was not to take anything away from Deb, as I think her beds are beautiful as well. I think we can appreciate/support the talents of many miniaturists who make such wonderful creations.

I WISH I had the skill to make my own mini beds that would look as great as one of theirs, but I've long since discovered that's not where my talent lies. :whistle:

Susanne, thanks for the other link...her beds are wonderful too. Now I have TOO many to choose from... :p

This was not to take anything away from Deb, as I think her beds are beautiful as well. I think we can appreciate/support the talents of many miniaturists who make such wonderful creations.

I don't think anyone thought you were, Tiffanie. It's just our nature to share what our community members do well. :p

I was happy to see both sites, since I love Deb's work and I love any mini eye candy! The one you listed is a totally different style and gave me some good ideas.

One of our members Casey has picutre and written instructions on how to do a bed from scratch, so maybe we could all give it a go and supply some eye candy for each other.......or at least a good laugh at our first attempts.......and think what you can do with the rest of the money... I do not begruge paying for a really nice bed, pillow, hat etc, but if we can build a house we should be able to make a bed.....

Me, me!! I did, I did!! (Jumping up and down.) Casey's instructions are great! I posted it in a new thread, but you can see it here and laugh at my first attempt. It's a start. Still needs pillows.

First Bed Attempt

I don't think anyone thought you were, Tiffanie. It's just our nature to share what our community members do well. :p

I was happy to see both sites, since I love Deb's work and I love any mini eye candy! The one you listed is a totally different style and gave me some good ideas.

Oh me neither, it is just that when I myself am looking for things I love looking at many different sites until the eye falls upon that extra special thing, sort of like love at first sight feeling....

Hugs

I think we can appreciate/support the talents of many miniaturists who make such wonderful creations.

<nodding in agreement> And there are some wonderful furniture artisans out there. I love drooling over their work as much as anyone else. Somebody help me remember a name........was it Serena or Sabrina........? I know it started with an S but I can't remember her full name. Her website's been down for a long time and I don't even see her beds on eBay anymore, but her work was absolutely fabulous!

Deb

I love the beds on both links as well as always being a fan of Deb's beds. Seeing all of the different styles gives us a lot of new ideas. Some of those beds by Kelly are really amazing.

Tiffany, your bed looks great! I wish my first try looked as nice as that! I seem to be challenged in the bed making department. I need to try Casey's tutorial.

i've tried to make a few beds but my favorite was the custom crib set, i've been asked to teach a few friends how to make them! i've got a princess one in the works right now. i'll add photos when it's done if anyone is interested in looking! i'd love to have feedback!