Off to the Sturbridge Miniature show

heidiiiii

I shopped till I almost dropped today. The ubiquitious check came by UPS this morning. I was able to get all my errands done and with time to spare.

Bags are packed, everything on list is checked off, I am ready like Freddy!

Nat is all set to have supervision over the weekend so I dont have to worry about her. My friend will take her under her wing and let her hang out, go to movies, etc.. Fred is working so I didnt want her to feel lost and alone.

Will have lots of tales to tell and plenty of pictures to show.

I know you are probably gone already, but I hope that you and Dawn drive safely, and have a great time this weekend, and I hope I get to meet you on Sunday! :)

Good Morning all.

This is Heidi...Dawn is getting ready this morning. Very nice hotel. We have class this morning at 9am. Painting in miniature.

Carrie..I have my cell phone on but no bars in the room for me. After class I will hang outside so you can call so we can all meet up.

We are planning on going to Wrights Outlet after lunch if you want to join us.

Guest Nathaniel

YAY IM so excited I can hardly sleep! I hope to see you all there and meet you. I will be wearing my Greenleaf around my neck! I cant wait to spend WAY more money than i should at this show!!! lol

-Nathaniel :lol: :):):):):):)

Dawn just dropped me off. I am all alone...Yeah!

I just wanted to say something. The highlight of the trip for all us gals was meeting Nathaniel. All you heard was * have you seen him yet?* *Is Nathaniel here?* *Oh..we got to meet him!*.. He is a hoot and we all loved him. We loved each other really.

I am exhausted and going to order a pizza and lay on the couch. I have lots to unpack but not right now.

Dawn and I had a blast..so much so that we are thinking of doing either the Philadephia show or the Maine show!

Dawn has alot more pics to upload of all of us. I will take pics of my goodies tomorrow.

It was fun but I am glad to be home...the hotel mattresses were horrendous!

Ahhh! I got my pizza.

No I didnt get a Perla but I got so many cool goodies. There was a guy from Germany that had hand blown glass for reasonable prices, a couple crocheted afghans, baby pram, silk fabric to make curtains with, wallpaper, oh I dont even remember it all. I have it all in one big tote bag I bought in town on Saturday. I even got 2 back issues of American Miniaturist and 1 back issue of Dollhouse World.

Oh Dawn and I each bought a mini kit that replicates those dh bookcases that are sold at Target and other places.

I had so much fun. I cant wait to hear what everybody else bought.

Well gang, I did put up the photos of us Greenleafers into the album. I will unpack and photograp my Sunday purchases later on. But at least you get to see our smiling faces taken just today. I agree with Heidi, meeting Nathaniel, and seeing his enthusiam for this craft has inspired me all over again. He was just bursting with energy and smiles!!!! I loved meeting everyone new and seeing old friends. Heidi and I are talking about going to the next Philly show, or to the Maine show. We had such fun, spent tons of money and got really great stuff.

Must rest, feet hurt, back hurts terrible beds at hotel.................................

terrible beds at hotel.................................

That is an understatement!!

I even joked the first night...I said "Dont you wish we each weighed like 110 lbs so we could lay out the three big soft wonderful pillow we each had and sleep on those?"

The room was big and nice. Great amentities. I wish I could have taken the shower home with me. It was all great..except for the beds. It was like the wrapped cinder blocks in coils and fabric. We are not exaggerating.

I will sleep the sleep of the dead tonite!

I want to rest and watch tv or read the mini magazines but I keep staring at the big pink tote bag full of stuff. LOL

It was a lot of fun to meet everyone. Nathaniel's enthusiasm was wonderful. I had the pleasure of walking around with him for a good part of the time. It was really fun.

I posted a few pictures in my gallery of my purchases and the chandelier I made.

Marg, I wish you could have joined us as well. It would be great to have you there.

Guest Nathaniel
I know you are probably gone already, but I hope that you and Dawn drive safely, and have a great time this weekend, and I hope I get to meet you on Sunday! :thumbup:

Jen, it was sooo nice to meet you today! You were very sweet and had such nice things to say about the work that I do. Thank you soooo much! I cant wait to hear what you ended up picking up.

Heidi, I hope to see you there. I just put your cell phone number in my cell phone so maybe we can meet up after classes tomorrow.

Carrie, it was so nice to be able to walk around and shop with you for a while. You showed me some great things that I might have missed if i was by myself...

Dawn just dropped me off. I am all alone...Yeah!

I just wanted to say something. The highlight of the trip for all us gals was meeting Nathaniel. All you heard was * have you seen him yet?* *Is Nathaniel here?* *Oh..we got to meet him!*.. He is a hoot and we all loved him. We loved each other really.

I am exhausted and going to order a pizza and lay on the couch. I have lots to unpack but not right now.

Dawn and I had a blast..so much so that we are thinking of doing either the Philadephia show or the Maine show!

Dawn has alot more pics to upload of all of us. I will take pics of my goodies tomorrow.

It was fun but I am glad to be home...the hotel mattresses were horrendous!

Oh, Heidi, what a really really nice thing to say. It was also very special for me to meet other mini friends that I have been talking to online. I dont have many "real life" mini friends so it was really great! you and everyone else were all very sweet and pleasant and it was so nice to meet you all...

Ahhh! I got my pizza.

No I didnt get a Perla but I got so many cool goodies. There was a guy from Germany that had hand blown glass for reasonable prices, a couple crocheted afghans, baby pram, silk fabric to make curtains with, wallpaper, oh I dont even remember it all. I have it all in one big tote bag I bought in town on Saturday. I even got 2 back issues of American Miniaturist and 1 back issue of Dollhouse World.

Oh Dawn and I each bought a mini kit that replicates those dh bookcases that are sold at Target and other places.

I had so much fun. I cant wait to hear what everybody else bought.

I want some pizza!! I am posting pics right now of all the goodies I got!!!

Well gang, I did put up the photos of us Greenleafers into the album. I will unpack and photograp my Sunday purchases later on. But at least you get to see our smiling faces taken just today. I agree with Heidi, meeting Nathaniel, and seeing his enthusiam for this craft has inspired me all over again. He was just bursting with energy and smiles!!!! I loved meeting everyone new and seeing old friends. Heidi and I are talking about going to the next Philly show, or to the Maine show. We had such fun, spent tons of money and got really great stuff.

Must rest, feet hurt, back hurts terrible beds at hotel.................................

Thanks Dawn, I am very enthusiastic about this hobby. I was thinking of making miniatures all year round and renting a table at the show for next year, it is only 50 dollars....

It was a lot of fun to meet everyone. Nathaniel's enthusiasm was wonderful. I had the pleasure of walking around with him for a good part of the time. It was really fun.

I posted a few pictures in my gallery of my purchases and the chandelier I made.

Marg, I wish you could have joined us as well. It would be great to have you there.

Thanks again Carrie for showing me around a little bit, you were very sweet and informative. Your Chandelier looks BEAUTIFUL! I need to get a saudering gun so I can make ones like that!

Im posting pics right now of everything I got. CHECK EM OUT!!!

Highlights of the trip:

Dawn and I went to a restaurant on the property that served THE best appetizer we ever had. They were called Portabello Mushroom fries. They were sliced in the shape of french fries, coated with breading and fried..ranch dressing on the side. Now it is a fattening dish but we just had to. OMG! It was good. Never had that before as an appetizer out to eat.

Then the waitress comes with our food and asks who is the turkey...I exclaim (out loud) "I am the turkey!" ROFL The waitress and Dawn laughed at that one pretty much...LOL

My basket of flowers looked like Noah`s Ark..until the teacher fixed it... Her mini paintings go for alot of $$$... Because she worked on ours...Does that mean we can say they are inspired? Collabrative? LOL

The hotel was also hosting a gaggle of Girl Scouts, a drunken wedding party, Am-Vets, and Firefighters...lots and lots of people.

Saturday night the storm came. We are in the restaurant (which is situated next to a lake) and the first clap of thunder..then torrential downpours...

What was funny was that the place has a covered patio section where people can eat also. All the diners had to run inside for cover carrying their plates.

We spent wayyy too much time in the Sturbridge Fudge and candy shop. *Mmmmm! Fuuuddggee* We went to Wright`s factory outlet (they are closing in July and moving to Tennesee), shopped in a scrap book paper store, ummm...a yarn place, and a doo-dad shop.

We sat in the room for a couple hours and laughed at Evan Almighty...hmmm eerie..My basket looked like Noah`s ark and then we watch a movie about Noah`s ark..

I had fun sitting down and just talking with other miniaturists of all ages.

Yeah, we laughed our butts off.......................it was great. I have unpacked and sorted it all now. New photos in the album. Now to get busy creating I hear the dolls calling me, esp with all the new fabric choices I got.

Nathanial If you are serious about the table at show idea, best get busy and file for a tax id with your state. Then some of us can sell things to you as 'stock' for your venture, heck I might even volunteer to go do it with you. LOL

Thankfully no screamers this time, but a few ruder than expected vendor comments were overheard. I did have a wonderful conversation with Natasha (decal lady) and Molly Cromwell is nice. The new German glass blower, is someone to watch, I will get his card out and put his info up.....super stuff, great prices.

Well more RL stuff to do, since it didnt get done while I was away........................grumble grumble