ceilings

paceus

I am having trouble figuring out what to do with the ceilings of my Beacon Hill. I really do not want it to look like "painted wood". I have celing tile in one room but do not want it everywhere. I wanted it to look like a regular drywall ceiling. Any ideas?

mary ann

I have used the paper lace doilies, and regular thread lace, too. I recently found some scrapbook page trimmings at Big Lots! that will work as ceiling moldings for coffered ceilings with foamcore.

I'll be getting the BH this week sometime. I thought I'd use the ceiling paper from HBS. It comes in white or off white. I usually just paint my ceilings with about four coats of paint but thr BH I want to be really different from my other houses.

I love to do ceilings. In Victorian Days the ceiling was an important feature, and wallpaper was used to create mural-type creations or sometimes resembled intricate mosaics. I keep every scrap of wallpaper and use it to embelish ceilings. It's sort of like collage and really adds pizazz to your rooms. It is a good idea to make a false ceiling using watercolor paper, do the papering and then put the whole thing in with universal paste. Sometimes you can find interesting 3-D effects in the scrapbook isle of a hobby shop. Good luck! Granny :flowers:

There are many options: Paint, stucco, boards, doilys, plaster forms, etc. What looks good to one may not for another. Also there are pretty wallpapers made for ceilings! Love those!

I've used the paper lace doilies for texturing elements for ceilings, and recently I got some nifty resin scrapbook decorations that I plan to use coffering and otherwise fancying up dh ceilings. I'm also a huge fan of 1:1 scale anaglypta wallpapers for dh ceilings.