Friends - My new album in my gallery.......

Wolfie

Over the years I have met so many wonderful "mini" friends! I love each and every one of them. Also I have been gifted over the years, done trades with, was surprised on birthdays etc. I have taken a very special box that a very special friend sent to me from Florida and I have turned this box into "Friends!"

Inside the box are things given to me and things I have made that I won't be using anywhere else. The papers on the walls, the carpeting, the cupboard, couch, and many of the things in the cupboard all came from very special friends. The dog, the magazines, the flowers, etc. I did make the lamp, the doll, the table which is a tilt top table that tilted at the wrong time - just when I snapped the picture. The books came from friends - and each one is readable. Very special books. There is a tiny pair of bronze baby shoes to represent my children. Candy for my sweet tooth, a cup of tea, lovely silk and crochet pillows from a dear friend. So much in there, I invite you to visit my "Friends!"

:p And if you recognize anything you may have contributed let me know!

Gina, what a wonderful way of saying "Thank you" to those people...and for putting their friendship into a solid form! I LOVE this idea!!! :p

Thanks for the inspiration and pictures...really beautiful!!

Chris

I have another one of those particular boxes, as well as a couple of different ones (I found a "Polo" one in a thrift store) and I was wondering how I was going to remove the lettering; so I like your idea of replacing the cover with a piece of plain plexi.

Doug says that if I use acetone it would destroy the "window" and minieral spirits won't do it either Holly. So replacement is the best I guess. However, I do love the "gold" around the perimeter! Makes a great roombox don't you think?! LOL