Forum Suggestion

The choices of skins, other than "mobile" (for phones and tablets) and the plain went away several updates ago. I believe, if I'm remembering correctly, that the woman who designed them went out of business.

The preview feature that Dean was referring to was posted on 2008. Many of the browsers have changed dramatically since then in what works and what doesn't. That and there many more choices of browsers and methods to go online these days.

As to whether it works now or not will largely depend on your server, provider,browser, settings, and method(s) of getting online.

Older posts often don't have up to date information anymore. Some are downright funny to look back at.

Sometimes I'm embarrassed or feel quite dated (old) to find and read something I posted 5+ years ago.

• Like 1

The preview feature that Dean was referring to was posted on 2008. Many of the browsers have changed dramatically since then in what works and what doesn't. That and there many more choices of browsers and methods to go online these days.

As to whether it works now or not will largely depend on your server, provider,browser, settings, and method(s) of getting online.

Older posts often don't have up to date information anymore.

Thank you Selkie.

Older posts often don't have up to date information anymore. Some are downright funny to look back at.

Sometimes I'm embarrassed or feel quite dated (old) to find and read something I posted 5+ years ago.

I hope I didn't cause a problem for anyone by bringing this subject back up-it works for me and not being very experienced on a computer I didn't know or think about it being too outdated for others to use it. As I said,I just thought it would help those who wanted a way to decide whether they really want to look at a particular topic.

I agree with Deana that if we would be a bit more specific in our topic titles that would help so much! I found out about this topic we are posting in because I am going back over old postings of mini talk and am currently back in the year 2009. I have seen so many nondescript titles and repeats of so many that,as she suggests,could have been put into one thread.

But,to the good,I have also learned tons of new-to-me tips and been refreshed by old ones I already knew. It's fun to see Greenleaf friendships blossoming over time and I'm wondering about very talented members who only posted a few times and are long gone...It's just been really interesting,and I am only half way through this one particular part of the Forum! I thought when I went through the entire gallery last year that I had seen every photo of the Orchid and Buttercup that had ever been posted in the gallery to that point(2013),buuut,going through these old posts I have seen tons more-really cool ones I am so glad I got to see! Just imagine if the titles had been more specific about what was contained there! When I finally finish one of my projects and post photos of my work,I want it to be seen!LOL Now,I do need to get my strength and motivation back so I can get back to doing something hands on,but meantime,I am so grateful for all the eye candy and old postings to keep me happy for quite awhile! :)

Sorry I went so off topic there-as I said,I was hoping that starting this old topic back up would be helpful,not make things more confusing!!~Kat

Edited by kat57

Not confusing, simply no longer applicable. As for the titles of threads, that's up to the individual poster. With the old forum there was a second line under the title used for a description and that no longer exists which is why some of the titles don't make as much sense as they used to. That's an inherent limitation of the forum software and not something we can fix or bring back. This is why we recommend using the search feature for finding topics of interest. The advanced search functions yield excellent results.

If you hover your mouse to the right of the topic title (when you're looking at the list of posts in View New Content at least), a black circle with an arrow in it will light up. Click on that to have a glimpse into the thread. It will show the first post, the first unread post and the current post. It give you options to Go To This Topic, View Latest Unread, or Mark as Read,

I'm using Chrome, by the way.

Thanks, Kathie - I was hovering over the title itself, not off to the right. That is a very helpful feature, especially on some that I have looked at but not commented on, and I go back again, forgetting I already saw it.

I really like our search feature - it brings up a lot of interesting things. And we come across names of folks who used to post regularly and now we don't hear from them anymore. :(