2/2/06 What was your most embarrassing moment?

Minis On The Edge

My most recent embarrassing moment comes with a warning. No eating or drinking. Some people have found this halariously funny.

I would also like to say I have no idea where she got this from.

Shortly after Sheridan turned three, I took her on a walk with me only to end up at TCBY. While we were waiting in line I had her on my hip and she was pinching my chest. I whispered to her to stop. She looks at me and loudly says, "Mom, girls have boobs and boys have nuggets."

Very Embarrassing.

Actually I'm not sure which of us was most embarrassed. DH & I owned a retail bookstore in Jacksonville, FL, for a few years, most of them in a downwardly-headed mall. At the time we also had a small sailboat and I was getting ready to take sailing lessons, so we made the instructor a deal to buy the manuals he wanted to use to teach the course & let him have them at 10% over cost (our "trade" discount was 40% over the price printed on the book). When he came in to pick them up our store manager was the one who dealt with him. Several weeks after I completed the course (and was sharing my first post-class sailing adventure with our manager she began talking about how cute the instructor was & how she wondered if he were "available" and about that time the gentleman standing at the magazine rack turned around with a HUGE smile on his face because it was

-you guessed it-

the instructor (BTW he was very cute & at the time I think he had a girlfriend, and my former store-manager has been happily married for years to someone else).

My most embrassing moment was that I had to go to the bank and well there is NEVER any place to park. So I parked my new van in front of a snow bank well backing that thing up is not my favorte part so I backed up thought I had enough room and went it in drive well I didnt back up far enough and drove the van right on top of the snow bank had both front wheels off the ground. I said a few choice words looked around make sure no one was looking Thank god no one was and then slowly backed off the snow bank. When I got home I checked all over the front end to make sure there were no visible dents scraped and checked to make sure I didnt rip anything off underneath which I didnt. :lol:

Lyn

Only one? My life is filled with embarassing moments! :lol:

When I was in my early twenties I worked for an insurance company. I had to make a bank run and of course being nimble and quick I thought I could make it across the street while the hand on the light was clearly saying "stop". Well, I fell smack down in the middle of the road . . . tore my pants and bloodied my hands and the traffic was starting to move without a care that I was lying face down on the road in front of them. The bank teller looked at me like I'd just walked in from Mars. I limped back to work with my head hanging down in shame. It turned out okay though because everyone back at work were so sympathetic! I milked that for about a week!! :D