Dishes,tea set,canisters

Margaret

I am asking if some one would be able to make me a set of canisters,a tea set and dishes.I found paper patterns but they look hideous.I would be willing to pay for shipping.I would like a service for 4,tea set(set for 2)-and perhaps 4 canisters.If anyone can help me,it would be awesome.Thanks from Margaret

---soon to be building a Beacon Hill

Margaret I can't make them for you, but I've had real good luck making canisters from the little round plastic cylinders of drying agent that comes in pill bottles. I cover them with wallpaper to match the kitchen or bath, make a little rim out of the paper as well and put a nice bead on the top for a handle. they don't open, and when you shake them, they sound like there is something inside them......

For cannisters I use the little plastic caps that come on hair spray. I even put coffee and salt in a couple and glued a slice of cork cut to fit on top. I'll have to try the drying agent cylinders. Hobby Lobby has pewter-look plates and silverware in a plastic bag that are only a couple of dollars. I have several sets of those. They also have nice metal plates painted white that are exactly like the Bodo Hidig (sp) plates from Germany. I think they are only $1.99 for four. You don't have to spend a lot for dishes.

Wow! What great ideas for canisters! Margaret, Fimo :p is also a good route to take for the little tea set as well as the other items you are wanting. It comes in a huge array of colors and can be painted to match your decor. Why don't you try this first yourself and see your own hand at this before commisioning it out to someone else who probably couldn't do it better anyway :giggle: .

I have purchased from a very nice fellow over at Ebay (and I think ShellyN has as well) those are white ant takes paint very well, I got some of my bonsai pots from him as well as dishes etc, I know for certain he has canister sets as I have been eyeing them for my Santa's cottage...

Let me know if you want his seller ID and I can PM it to you.

Hugs