Chihuahua or white dog question

heidiiiii

Perla is white and she gets staining in the corners of her eyes. Nothing bad that would require a vet attention..just that her tears stain her white fur in that area.

I wash it carefully with warm water and a washcloth but it doesnt take away the color. Is there something I can use? It is near her eyes so I do not want to use anything that will hurt her.

I know I've seen something for tear stain. Maybe google some of the larger dog/vet catalogs? Only one I can think of right now is Drs. Foster and Smith. Is there a show grooming section on Dogster? That's where you'd likely find a solution.

Yes there is something you can get. I had two white miniature poodles a great many years ago and I used something I got from the vet. I noticed the last time I went to Petsmart that they had several versions of a tear stain remover so just check their web site or any pet suppler for a brand and then either order or go to your nearest pet store. You do not need a prescription for it.

PetSmart also carries products to rid the stains ...... Is it only the smaller breeds this happens to? Princess has some white around her eyes, but the eyes don't seem to stain or tear much!

Sorry I'm no help! I've seen some little poodles with terrible looking eyes.....