Willow 2nd floor fireplace

Maybe I'm overtired, or going crazy, but I can't seem to figure out how the 2nd floor fireplace goes together in my Willow. I've got the shell built, the staiRs are o.k., but after 3 dry fits on that fireplace, and one messy (thought I had it glue attempt), it's just not working for me. It's almost like the parts are wrong. Does anyone have a pic of what it's supposed to look like? I'm almost ready to throw it out and glue a store bought in. I've done fireplaces before, and never had so much trouble! HELP!

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes with builders' block it's because you & the house can't reach agreement (because what you & it want are so dramatically different), but occasionally it's a RL issue and then it's best to leave the kit and deal with it, or the kit will suffer & it's time to do a small project until you can figure out which it is.

I totally agree! The Willow is on the back burner, being punished, I guess. It's all assembled but only the 2 chimneys are painted. Last Saturday Wendy showed me how to tapewire, so I'm doing electrical on the "Mystery Tabbie", and redecorating it one room at a time. When the Willow starts whinning, I'll give her another go. You could say we aren't talking at the moment, lol

This is how my second floor fireplace looks. I'm not sure if it's built exactly the way the instructions describe. I've painted the inside black since I took this picture. Good luck!

post-2700-1212957351_thumb.jpg

Linda

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the pic! Mine will be O.k. after all. The Willow and I are finally talking again. I guess she got jealous of the other houses getting attention. So, I've started to put her sidding on.