Hello I'm from NC

I ordered & received the Spring Fling Workshop kit for the contest! It is my first time entering a miniature contest that is IF I can complete it in time.

I have another kit of patio furniture that I purchased many years ago that I believe is by Greenleaf however, I've never put it together. I also have an OLD wood dollhouse that I was given as a gift that was purchased at a yard sale but have no idea what company made the kit and I have been working on remodeling it for some time now. I also have The Heritage Dollhouse kit that is by DuraCraft & I received it as a gift back in 1992 & I am still in the process of building.

I do not know a lot about miniatures or the building of them but still love to try. I have no idea who has the best kits or any of that kind of stuff. I guess you can say I am a "newbie" even though I've been buying odd & end miniature stuff for many years now.

I definitely would enjoy meeting other people on here. To the best of my knowledge there are not any mini clubs in my area nor are there any miniature/hobby shops ONLY an AC Moore store which has quite the limited supply of goods. I do subscribe to American Miniaturist & love that magazine. I still buy a couple of other miniature magazines from time to time at stores however the American Miniaturist is no longer available in my area so I had to subscribe!

I want to wish everyone that enters the contest the best of luck & I look forward to seeing pictures of the entries. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself. :popcorn:

:popcorn: Hello and welcome to the forum!

Good luck in the contest to you as well. I am getting so antsy to see all the entries...everyone here is so creative and talented - it promises be GREAT eye-candy for everyone! Can't wait to see your projects..after you make 5 posts, you can start a photo gallery.

Chris

Thanks to everyone who has been so nice to welcome me! I am currently working HARD on the Spring Fling project and even though I seriously doubt I will win anything I am enjoying all of this so much! I am so happy to be able to "meet" other people that like miniatures! As far as I know there are no local or nearby clubs to me so I'm basically alone except for the internet in meeting people so I want to say thank you again for making me feel welcome. Now gotta get back to the workshop project!!

Welcome to the forum family, Karen. I've been playing minis for nigh on 15 years and I'm still a newbie, so feel right at home! As soon as you make five posts you can share your minis' pictures with us in the Gallery.

:welcome: Hi! I got started chatting here because of the Spring Fling contest. I have done many miniature projects, but I never had the nerve to enter something like this. My mini friends in our local club urged me on, but I was so scared. I nearly backed out. Anyway, I hope you enjoy chatting and working with your miniature acquisitions. It took me several years to really get going, but I did alot of dreaming and planning (and reading magazines) before I got started. Hope to chat again!