any sujestions for dry skin

badlilkit10

I know this has nothing to do with minis but I need some sujestions. I have realy bad dry skin and its gets so dry that i get bloches on my arms and legs. I have been to the skin doctor and they have given me creams and all kinds of stuff but it doesnt always work :rofl:

So I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or if they can recomend anything. I can go in the sun to tan it away bc of a skin cancer scare. I have a wedding on the 25th and my dress is sleavless and I want to look somewhat normal. So any sujestions would be great :D

Heat up your skin under really warm water, then apply the lotion, this opens the pores in your skin, therefore you soak up more lotion.

I love udder cream:

http://www.uddercream.com/ (Be forewarned that the website is really noisy)

It was originally designed for chafed cow udders, but they now sell it for people. I Get it at Target and Wal-Mart. It's great because it is not greasy. I can use it on my hands and then pick up needlework and not stain the fabric.

Im glad Im not the only one that blotches. I have this problem too and mines are on my face of all places. I think they are hormonal since they only appear certain times.

I get these really dry flaky blotches on both sides of my mouth and they itch and peel from the dryness. Sometimes they can even get a sore from scratching. The only thing that makes mines go away is moisturizing lip balm. It has to be something thick that doesnt get soaked up quickly because if its just plain lotion, my skin drinks it up so quickly, its dry in minutes again. Thats why the balm seems to work much better. I use the Burts Bees balm because its all natural. I apply it at night right to the blotch thats dry and by the next day, its much better.

Try to get this done way before your wedding because it takes some time or you'll have to hide the blotches with make up.

By the way, I lol when I read the thread because its in the mini section. Im silly, like that.

While I could still afford it, I used Mary Kay Pink Goo - night cream - since I was 32 years old. Now I'm using pure petroleum jelly at night and in the morning. I have extremely dry skin, and hate the feeling of it when it has no moisture in it. The bitter cold here has really dried my skin even worse. So I "grease" up as Doug calls it twice a day. Hey! It works for me! I also use a cream foundation over it, and my skin is very soft and fairly wrinkle free......not bad for an old broad!

im def going to try these sugestions i hope they work. my cuz wedding is on the 25th so i have a good week to get it in good ill try to find the utter balm and see what else i come across :)

My ex-husband, who is a dermatologist, always recommended Lubriderm lotion for dry skin.

If you are not getting any results from what the doctor gave you, by all means, go back again and let him/her know it's not helping...they can give you something stronger.

If I travel outside of humid SC, my skin always is the first to suffer and need moisture. As I've gotten older I've switched to moisturizing sensitive skin soaps. Dove and Olay put out good products. Olay has a sensitive skin face lotion I always travel with. Esp if you have a honeymoon trip where the change in weather might trigger an outbreak of itchy skin, pack plenty of extra soothers.

I don't really have a certain "magic lotion" to recommend, but I have been told that ANY lotion should be applied within first 3 minutes after drying off from a warm/hot shower as your pores are open. Supposedly after the "3-minute warning" period is over, the lotion only "sits" on top of skin. Of course, I nearly always miss the deadline time...just gettin' old I guess, and don't feel like hurrying that much, which is why I'm wrinkling faster than a prune :ohyeah: :thumbup: Wish I had taken better care of my skin when I was younger...catch up is running too fast for me! :idea:

Regarding the Corn Huskers, we use it at the airport during fingerprint taking - it works great on fingers that are worn out from age and use.

Maybe TMI - but...As for myself, I suffer from ezema. I have had it since I was a kid. (Used to be called "rash a$$" in gym class because it was so bad on the back of my thighs.) I thought I'd grown out of it, but now that menopause has entered my life, the ezema is back.

I love Aveeno oatmeal creams and body wash. I also have a bottle of pure vitamin e oil. I put it on my affected areas before I go to bed. Soaking in the bath with the Aveeno Oatmeal Bath packets really helps. (And it also is great for chicken pox and poison ivy)

Regarding the Corn Huskers, we use it at the airport during fingerprint taking - it works great on fingers that are worn out from age and use.

Maybe TMI - but...As for myself, I suffer from ezema. I have had it since I was a kid. (Used to be called "rash a$$" in gym class because it was so bad on the back of my thighs.) I thought I'd grown out of it, but now that menopause has entered my life, the ezema is back.

I love Aveeno oatmeal creams and body wash. I also have a bottle of pure vitamin e oil. I put it on my affected areas before I go to bed. Soaking in the bath with the Aveeno Oatmeal Bath packets really helps. (And it also is great for chicken pox and poison ivy)

I also like the Aveeno oatmeal creams and body wash. Love their lotions, doesn't wash away but doesn't feel oily either.

Bag Balm is another brand of udder cream. I'm also a fan of petroleum jelly. I have extremely dry skin, with expecially fragile "parchment" skin on my forearms from all the years spent in the sun. When I'm feeling extravagant I have some Nivea lotion I slap on instead of the petroleum jelly.

i called my dr and he sujested a lotion called serna I think thats how its spelled its kind of like gold bond but stronger its very hard to find in the stores and like 8 bucks a bottle so i got some samples of it so far ok. also i tried the nevia even tone lotion i got that on sale at the rite aid it seems to be working but i have to use it 2 times a day we will see but i still have discoloration oh boy thanks for all the sujestions