Miniature Books

Caseymini

Hi All, I have started work on my combination book shop/tea shop. I am in the midst of making many many mini books. I thought you might like to see how I fill the shelves. There is now a tutorial up on my blog about how to make them.

That's great! I was thinking of making the Vineyard Cottage a library/vintage book shop since it has that really tall space...and I could add really tall bookcases there, with one of those sliding ladders they use to get the really high up books...now I'd have some ideas of something to fill them with,lol.

Your books looks great, and as I am in the process of stocking my own book store, well MUCH appreciated!!! :)

Hugs and thanks for sharing!

The "fun foam" is a neat idea. I made the innards to fill Maggie's bookshelves with foamcore cut to fit the dimensions of the front cover, and if I needed it thicker I used layers of cardboard. If I hit a trove of free fun foam I'll try that, too :p

And speaking of books, I "stumbled" upon some at the Boopmini site just the other day, kids books mostly and one never knows with this site so if you want some more printible books.... http://www.geocities.com/boopjeans/kdcolor.html

And if anyone needs help in printing any of these please let me know

Hugs

Holly, the fun foam is so much easier to cut to size than foamcore or cardboard. It is realllllly cheap too. One sheet was less than 30 cents the last time I looked. One sheet will go a long way. I wait until after a holiday. Wal Mart sells kits for different holidays for kids. When the holiday is over they sell them off at 75% off! Last year at halloween I got some kits with lots of sheets in them for a dollar a piece. Some were white for ghosts.....The other colors can be used if you know that the inside of the book will never be seen. Incidently, the fun foam does come in different thicknesses too. :p

Traci, I think that the thicker kind I found was somewhere else. Maybe it was Michaels or Jo Anne's. It's about double the thickness of the regular. It was a little more expensive than the other. If I run across it again, I will let you know where I found it. It's been a while.

Good morning! I forgot to tell you yesterday. If you go to "Book of the Month Club" website there are hundreds of bookcovers. You can copy them into a file, resize them and put them all on one page. Then print them out. You will have all of the latest covers to put on books to lay around your mini scenes. :p

So welcome Holly, and I also know that at times it is veeeery difficult to access the site due to "heavy" traffic or something like that so when that is the case it is just a matter of waiting game and see when it is OK again...

Hugs