Prayers for Suzq (Suzanne)

heidiiiii

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her brother says it all went well and he posted on her blog at Caringbridge. She is such a sweetheart and have so much love & support coming in from everyone. Please post your well wishes to her on her blog too because she will read that more frequently for now:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/suzannewhaley

I know she will be back over here reading as soon as she can though. What a treat for her to see all of the messages here too when she comes back!! Love You SuzyQ!!! :)

[Note: after I posted this, I discovered that SuzyQ has started a new thread of her own and posted this information. Go to I Am Home From The Hosiptal!! to follow it.]

Here is the first posting that Suzi made at her journaling website Caringbridge.org after the surgery

Friday, July 11

Hey Everyone!!

Well, I am finally home. I am doing pretty good. Very sore.

The surgery went very very well, My gyno did the hysterectomy first. I was told one of the fibroids was as big as a babies head and probably weighed about 2 1/2 pounds he said that one one my ovaries was shot and I had some endometriosis so it was good to get all that out of there.

As far as the cancer. The tumor was basically gone when they got in there. All that was left was an ulcer type scar. They say only 10 to 15 percent of people get this wonderful response frome the pre treatment before surgery. And the fact that I didn't even get to finish my treatments its a miracle.

From what I understand he took about a foot of my colon and rectum. So far the pathology is all good. There is some more being tested but the Dr is really excited by what he has seen so far and is expecting good things.

I am not enjoying the "bag" but dealing with it. A really sweet woman named Anne gave me lessons on how to take care of it. I cried the whole time the first time I had to help with it. But was cracking jokes the next time so I am dealing. Its only four months so it will be ok.

I have already lost all of the weight that I had gained before surgery. The dr said I could lose between 10 to 15 pounds.

Well I know this is sort of business like I am still a bit out of it.

But I am thanking the Lord for taking me through this safely and for the wonderul results.

I also thank him for my wonderful family and my husbands wonderful family who have taken such good care of me. Also all of you wonderful friends for you girft cards thoughts and most of all your prayers. I seriously don't know how I could ever make it through this journey without you all!!!

I have another drs appointment on Monday

Will write more soon :blink:

I Love You

Suzanne

I am in tears as I sit here reading this. I had no idea you all were posting my blog on here. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends!! Thank you so much !!!

I Love You ALL !!

SuzyQ