Prayers for Suzq (Suzanne)

heidiiiii

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is back in the hospital.

You can write her well wishes in her guestbook at CaringBridge.

:unsure: I'm so sorry to hear this

Am sending positive thoughts your way hoping that you will regain your strenght soon and that the docs will get the pains under control again!

HUGS

There was some positive news on Suzanne's blog this morning. :wave: Right now she is trying to gain back some weight prior to surgery.

Sunday, June 1

Hey There,

Finally some good news. I am starting to feel much better. I am still weak and laying around but I did go to the grocery for a bit with Ray today. So that's a start. I also ate more today than I have in weeks. Not sure if I even hit a 1,000 calories but its much better than it was. So I am praying this is the beginning of much brighter days.

Now the problem I have is clothes. I only have a pair of capris and a pair of shorts that fit me. So I am gonna have to get strong enough to go get something to wear. I didn't even have a bra that fit to wear to the grocery today. I had to wear a cami and a t-shirt ha ha. Oh well geting new clothes is always fun.

Well I am gonna try to get some sleep. Talk to yall soon.

Love Ya!!!!!

You can visit her blog at Caring Bridge - Suzanne Whaley

Continued improvement! :p

Posted Tuesday, June 3rd:

Hey There,

Well I am definatly much better. I actually went out to eat dinner tonight with my hubby, I took a big chance and ate a salad with my dinner. Ruffage scary but I have been craving one for weeks.

So far so good. I had salad, baked spud and teryaki chicken. Only ate about half of each thing but so far I am not sick.

I was so very tired when I got home. We were only gone about an hour but I was already pooped at the restaurant. It was good to get out.

I was also able to do a little house work today. Did some laundry vacummed the floor and put the dishes in the dishwasher. Felt good to get some of that done. My Way!!! ha ha ha

Got a call from one of my surgeons today. Looks like surgery will be on July 2nd. Gives me a little more time to get strong again. Do you know this will be the third holiday I have been in the hospital??? First time was Mothers Day Next was Memorial Day and this Time 4th of July. How weird is that???

Sorry about the bra thing my sweet Micheal!!! I forget there are guys reading this too. Oh well your right that's Aunt Suzanne for ya ha ha. Oh and Karmin happy graduation!!! I am still waiting for a senior picture!!!

Love Ya All. Keep praying they are working!!!!!

More positive news. :p

Wednesday, June 4

Hey Hey,

Well today was another feel good day. I actually slept until nearly 10 this morning which is huge cause I had been waking up at like 4 in the morning.

I didn't even have to have my usual hour soak in the tub to make me feel better which was another big step(usually I took at least 2 a day.) That Jucuzzi is the best thing we purchased for this house!!

I did take a shower and RayAnne and I went out to brunch at our towns local hangout. (RayAnne drove) It was great to see everyone. I braved it and ate a whole BLT sandwhich. It came with chips but I wasn't that brave only had 2 of those.

Then we stopped at this little Boutique next to the restaurant and RayAnne was so excited to be there she left the car running ha ha ha. I tried on a pair of jeans but didn't want to pay 80 bucks for them especially since my weight is so flip flop right now.

Speaking of weight I weighed this morning and it looks like I gained 2 pounds.

Both Drs Offices called today to confirm my surgery date for July the 2nd. I have to be there at 6 in the morning. My gyno will do my hysterectomy sometime after 8 and then the other surgeon will come in and do the rest of my gutting!!! I am trying not to think too hard about it. Sort of scary.

I did look up what an Ileostomy was and looked like. (this is what I am getting instead of a colostomy) It goes into my small intestine. Anyhow it doesn't look fun but since its temporary I won't complain too much.

Well I am gonna run its been a big day ( I scrubbed my shower floor too. too tired to finish the rest ha ha)

And Ray and RayAnne are on their way home with a shake for me to drink. So I will talk to you all soon!!

Love You!!

And more positive news from Suzanne ... :p

Tuesday, June 10

Hey There,

Well today was a good day, Started with me actually sleeping in my own bed last night, Then we got up went to lunch and went to Knoxville clothes shopping!!

YAY I finally found some cute stuff. RayAnne had a big time picking things out for me and throwing them in the dressing room. Got most of my stuff at Buckle and American Eagle which was exciting because at one time I was too big to shop in those stores.

Then when I got home I started thinking. I wonder if I can wear all that stuff with that stupid bag I am gonna have. I think there are 2 pretty fitted shirts I will have to get alot of wear out of now cause I bet I can't wear them with that. UGH oh well.

I did make it to church on Sunday. It was really wonderful to be there and to see everyone. They moved to a new church building while I was out so that was a little strange for me.

I am just about back to my old self now. I still get tired and am a bit weak but on the whole I am able to eat what I want now without to many reprocussions. And I have put on 5 much needed pounds. I will have to watch it a little now cause I want to be able to wear my new clothes for awhile. ha ha.

I am getting a little nervous about surgery but will be anxious to have it overwith.

Talk to you all soon :)

Hey! Tysvm KathyB for updating us!

I rarely have time to do much more than a quick look here and at OH before Im off to work...and with summer here I never have time in the evening to get on.

Im so very Glad SuzyQ is starting to feel better.

Ive been thinking of you Suz!

nutti :p

It's my pleasure, Nutti. I subscribe to her blog, so I get updates as she posts them. I'm not sharing every one but enough to keep y'all posted on the trends in her challenge. It's been sooooooooooooo good to be able to report good news lately!

• 3 weeks later...

Do some more praying today...She went into surgery this morning:

Well, tomorrow is surgery day. I had to start my "clean out" at 10 this morning. I think it has worked cause there isn't anything else to clean out lol lol.

I am sooooo hungry and I can't eat today and probably not for the next few days until my intestines wake back up after surgery. So I guess ice chips will be my best friends for awhile lol

I am doing pretty good so far not too much anxiety. That must from all your prayers cause I am usually such a worry wart.

The hospital has called me 4 times today. Once to tell me that the dr didn't order the porta cath that has to be put in for my chemo. Then they called me back to tell me they ordered it. Then they called to have me come in 15 minutes earlier to take more blood. And then their pharmacy called to ask about medicatioins.

Oh gee my loving husband just came in with McDonalds!!!!! Smells so yummy!!! Not fair!!!

Anyhow we have to leave at 4:25am to get to the hospital for 5:45 they will start the surgery at 8:00 I might as well not go to bed lol lol.

My gyno Dr. Hartline will be doing the hysterectomy first and then the other surgeon Dr. Midis will be removing the tumor and part of my colon and rectum. putting in the illiostomy and the porta cath. I am praying that they get a good nights sleep so they will be good and awake for their long day.

They marked off 6 hours for surgery and 1/12 to 2 hours for recovery. And said I would be in the hospital for 5 to 7 days.

I am gonna see if my brother will be able to get on here and update you all. He has a new job and I am not sure about his computer access. Ray is not computer savy and RayAnne doesn't get her storys straight sometimes lol lol.

So if you don't hear anything for a few days I will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you would like to check on me you can call Fort Sanders Hospital in Knoxville and use the access code 1965 to hear how things went.

Thank you so much for your prayers!!!!

Love Ya'll

Prayers are being said for you by me Suzy..Hope you are feeling better real soon...Left a message on your caringbridge site also....