sorry...never introduced myself :(

Quirky

Ok...I know that is just plain horible...I posted and never introduced myself!!!! First of all thanks to everyone for the info even though you had NO CLUE who I was :):) So here goes...name is Kristen and I had received the Glencroft as a b-day gift years ago... (now 27 then like 13) needless to say...didn't have the patience and now I do :D:) Of course over the years I have managed to go and loose the directions so I built it pretty much by guessing (would not recommend doing on a regular basis :( ) It is built and I even have managed to get stucco all over it...I have been working on the wavy roof idea, which is taking FOREVER!!!! Rik Pierce wasn't kidding when he said it was a tedious job :):) But I think it will be well worth it...

Now of course for the funny part...Just get this one built and of course have caught the Dollhouse bug and am now in the process of designing my very own castle!!!! I'm still new to the board so I'll try and find a place to post updates on the castle and of course my Glencroft...maybe a blog or something...

This place is a WEALTH of knowledge and thanks to all of you who help!!!! I have been reading up on polymer clay...Have a bunch of it and now just looking for the guts to dig in and start!!! Ok...enough about me for now...Thanks for the welcome in my other posts by the way!!! Can't wait to get to know everyone!!!

Namaste,

Kristen

Thanks for the welcome...and I'm working on the castle stuff...I'm actually really lucky...my stepfather is an architect and I found a house plan that I loved and he is going to help me get it into Autocad so I can get it to scale and plot it so I have a pattern for all my pieces !!!! I'll try to upload the picture on here...not sure how to do that so forgive me if it doesn't work the first time...

Does anyone out there know how to start a blog on here???? Or for that matter if it is possible??? Thanks if you do...and thanks if you know the anser to my question is a big fat no :):)

Here goes the attempt at the picture for ya...

Kristen

post-559-1138674516_thumb.jpg

Here is the front...

COOL!!!!! Then I know it will turn out awsome!!!!! I was going to do just a period castle but then I found some really cute dragon and fairy pieces I'd like to try and make and I thought why not go for a bit of fantasy :):) It is going to be 1/24 scale as even at that size it will end up being about 6 and a half feel long by about 4 and a half feel deep :D:) So this is going to be one monster!!! :(

hmmm...my mini shop....I'm sure we are since I know I've been to your pictures and website in my searches lately...it must be ATM cause I think that is the only other place I've put up anything about the castle... :)

Good to see ya here!!!

Wowsers! That's gonna be a big house! I can't wait to see it when you start building!

Tell me about it...I can hardly wait to start it!!!!!!

Shakyshaky - I just put up pictures of the Glencroft in my album on here if you wanna see the progress of the roof....it is going slow but I think it is looking good!!! :D (a little biased I'm sure :( )

Can't be there I am not a memeber there. I belong to a couple of castle groups on yahoo so I was thinking maybe from one of those :) . That castle looks like one I saw recenlty. I Love it! How far along are you in building it? Is it "off the paper" yet? I always admire people who can draw what is in there mind. I can only see it there and try and bring it to life from my mind :D.

I so wish it was off paper!!!! No....I have been working with the stepfather and my hubby on getting all the necessary tools and supplies...unfort. it will be a while....Promised my husband I would finish my Glencroft first :D Besides I have to be nice he is helping me clear out room so I can build it inside, and he even promised to work on designing some sort of turn table so we can really show it off when it is all done :( So for now I work on the Glencroft and since he didn't mention it...lots of stuff to put in both of them...he never said accesories were off limits :) hmmm...well the only other forum I've joined is the Doll House Miniatures forum...and I don't remember if I put anything on it or not...haven't been to it for a bit.... Oh well...either way it is nice to meet ya :) well...i'm off to read about Food Displays and crash...get to go to work early tomorrow :(

Now, the room you are building your Castle in, is it big enough to "leave" that room just in case you move (or want to display it at a show since it looks like a real dream castle so far)? I know we have had a couple people to build large houses only to discover it could not fit the dorrway or the window :D .

In my new house, I have checked over and over again to be sure a Garfield can fit the doorways :) This is one mini nightmare I hope never come true LOL. I can't wait to see the Glencroft. I checked webshots but know it takes a while sometimes for them to be seen by the public. I am so impatiant :(

As for the size....That is part of the reason it is taking so long to go rom paper to building stage.... they are helping me figure out how to built in in parts so I can very easily unassemble it to movie it if need me :):)

Def. Don't want that nightmare either...not after this much effort...and just think...I haven't even started building it :D:)

If you are looking for the pictures of the glencroft I put them in the Gallery at the top of this page...I know webshots is slow and i'm way to impatient too...and this was quick :(:) let me know what ya think... :)

Thanks for the welcome Peggi!!

Welcome, Kristen, my Glencroft is my avatar, I just finished making the furnishings & accessories to turn it into a pub & next will be "peopling" it, but now I"ve started the McKinley & I'm scribing "floorboards".

BTW, Linda, DH has decided to help with it :) !

Tracy did the wavy roof on her Glencroft & it was magnificent! along with all the brick & stonework.

Your castle looks HUGE, especially for 1:24.

Oh My that roof is AMAZING!!! You are doing a wonderful job!! I can't wait to see more :)

they are helping me figure out how to built in in parts so I can very easily unassemble it to movie it if need me

Now you are way too advanced for me. That is very smart cause even being 1/2" scale this house will be a good size.Thanks for sharing the pictures. I did not even think to look here because I was looking at your link at the bottom of the post LOL. I think I was sleepy too last night. I got in bed and could not fall asleep though :D .

Thanks a million for the compliment...I think it is looking good too :(

And hunny I''m now too advance for me....hence the hubby and stepfather helping :D But I figured if I"m gonna do it might as well go all out :) at least as much as my budget will let me :)

You and me both on the sleeping...and this morning talk about NOT wanting to get up...oh well...here I am...and at least after work I have something to look forward too...I get to go to Lowe's and track down a ceramic tile so I can get into my fimo :p I'll try and add a link to my gallery on my signature...since it was so much more simple I'll just put pictures there instead of my webshots...at least until they get too many to mention :(:) Off to do some work...later all...

MM Kristen,

I love your plan for a castle. I want to try building one myself in the not too distant future - got mom saving oatmeal cartons for me lol. Nice to meet you and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your Castle progress - what an awesome project!

-David

• 2 weeks later...

Kristen, welcome to the forum!

The castle is a dream!!! I would never have enough space for such a big dollhouse... but my dream is to build an own designed dollhouse too. I hope one day I will be able to make this dream come true! :lol: I'm thinking of building a turn-of-the-century manor with about 15 rooms - but at the moment I don't have enough space and time for building it... :lol:

Can't wait to see pictures of your building process. You have to post hundreds of pictures!!! :D