Mother`s Day 2008

heidiiiii

Mother`s Day is this coming Sunday. The girls have plans for me and I do not know what it is..It is driving me a lil bit crazy. I hate not knowing.

I already told them NO MOVIES. I am still coughing from this cold/allergy thing and it would not be fun for me or the other moviegoers if we did that.

I told them that it doesnt matter what the dollar amount of the gift or occasion costs..it is just to be recognized on the day that matters..As some of you well know, I was ignored/forgotten for two Mother`s days in a row.

What do you have planned or purchased for your Mother? Do you do something special every year with your children?

I would love to wake up to a sparkling clean house but that is just a pipe dream...ROFL.

personally i have to work the night before and the night of mothers day for 12 hours each day, so i will probably be sleeping all day on mother's day. so much for mother's day....lol. wish i could have gotten it off so i could have spent the day with my kids.

My son and his wife are taking me out to dinner the day before (probably doing something with her mom on Sunday). Daughter in New Mexico will probably send me a card and gift cert. (hopefully to Hobby Lobby).

For my mom, I got some deluxe mixed nuts...she loves them. She's 91 and really doesn't need anything. I did spend three hours over her house on Monday balancing her checkbook. She made an error in November of 06 and hadn't tried to balance it since. That's really sad because she has a masters degree in math. She taught Business classes, Physics, Algebra, Calculus and Geometry on the high school level for several years. She's always been the smartest woman I've known. Lately, though, her ability to concentrate is failing....but what do I expect...she is 91.

It's stinks when your parents get old! :groucho:

In the UK Mothers day is in March usually.

We used to bring Mummy breakfast in bed, but other than that never did anything special. Because we didn't do anything else, I find it a little strange to try and do something special now. I do send a card and depending on my finances a bunch of flowers. In some ways I'd like to do more, but it doesn't feel quite right either!

I think when we live nearer I'll probably visit and take her to dinner or something. Chris has always done more for his mum, so that'll get me into the routine I think!

A clean house is always nice when you don't have to do it yourself!

Muriel :groucho:

My husband is making me dinner....Lobster tail and filet mignon...my #3 son has to go back to Savannah to his base for another month before he gets out of the Army, and he's leaving the day after Mother's Day....however, the fact that he got safely home from Iraq and is now getting out of the military is gift enough for me.

...Lobster tail and filet mignon...

Oooo! Can I have some too? *mouth is watering*

I havent had my annual lobster yet. Nice big lobster, real butter to dip, corn on the cob, and a big baked potato..Mmmm

My husband always brings home a nice lobster tail for me on special occasions...or sometimes just when he has a few left over. I hope it's a BIG tail...with drawn butter....and of course our Anniversary is Friday....and I'm sure we will have a nice meal that day, too.

In a couple of months I'll be getting fresh blue crabs...one of my husbands seafood suppliers will send me a dozen or two of crabs every so often. Since my husband will not pick a crab for himself, they are all mine!!!

Mostly my DH brings me a French breakfast on bed with croissants and chocolate breads, backed by himself. Normaly my daughter will come but she is working in her new home and the next day is my birthday. So we skipped mothersday for me this year, a little. We travel to my MIL and give her a new bridge over the pond in the garden. The old one is to dangerous and she didn't know anything else for a present.

Since my stepdaughters couldn't be bothered to remember their father with a gift at Christmas, I have little hope of recognition for Mother's day from them, but I think Lloyd has something cooking.

I don't think anyone has anything planned for me, which is fine. I'd like just a nice peaceful day with a 'happy mother's day' from the kids and that's it. Greg will probably make a nice dinner but not really sure what though.

For his mom just a card and flowers, she's really hard to buy for.

I always ask for the same thing every year. 'Leave me alone'. It's wonderful. I see my kids every day and we do stuff like go out to dinner a few times a month, so a day that I don't have to do anything but lay around and watch chick flicks and not have to cook for anyone or go anywhere is heaven.

Yup! I'm having a dinner party for my mom at my house, and I've invited half the family. And I think they've invited the other half... not sure if this lil house will hold all those people...

USUALLY my family has lunch with my mom and dad and brothers and sister; then my husband takes me and our babies shopping for any flowers/potted plants that my heart desires. This year I'm hoping that he'll throw in the Heidi Ott baby carriage that I've been coveting and the Heidi Ott man in tails and goethe--he's a hottie and my Heidi Ott woman is bored with the man that she's with and needs another--LOL! Seriously, as long as I am with my family, I am sure the day will be beautiful, fun, and special!

i have to run out early on mothers day to test drive the expedition before i buy it. I guess the gift will be giving mom back her car now that i getting a new one for myself.

i have to run out early on mothers day to test drive the expedition before i buy it. I guess the gift will be giving mom back her car now that i getting a new one for myself.

Isn't an Expedition a gas guzzler?

taking my 90 year old mom to dinner at her favorite AppleBees or Lizard's Thicket restaurant. She is proned to throwing drama fits lately, but we try to indulge and soothe her. Wish my brothers and their families could make it down a few states to help her celebrate, but it seldom happens.

I'd love for some Family Guy to siddle over to me and whisper...real...close...

"I'll take the garbage out!"

"Hows'about a little lawn mowing, honey?"

Wowser's, that'd be sexy!!

Ain't gonna happen.

Well, my mother died last summer and I'm not a mom, so for mother's day DH will probably get me flowers and say they are from Becca and Big Boy, the cats. Which is more than fine for me! But I do hope that all you mothers are remembered on the day. My sister's daughter never even sends her a card or email....I always feel bad for her and call her on Mday.

This weekend you will find alot of garden clubs selling plants for the garden. Buying a nice perennial for your Mom or yourself would be a nice gift i think...

Hmmmm! Maybe I want them to take me to the Harkness plant sale tomorrow! Oh Goody..I know I am weird..I get the warm fuzzies over plants for the garden.

When my DM was living with her b'day in May also, we used to prepare barbque ribs for the entire family, (like Linda we have a large extended family when all the siblings and children came) and celebrate, but since she passed we don't go all out.

Oldest DD and family are coming home so I should get to spend some time with both my DDs this weekend.

We will have a very quiet day.....dinner at the Chicken Coop here in town, then home to play with my new mother's day pressie! Doug got me a DeWalt Orbital Sander to make my life easier. However, this morning we were standing on the deck, and he did hint strongly that I should use the sander on the railings as they are not as smooth as they used to be! HA! I reminded him that the reason that the railings are not as smooth as he has repeatedly hit them with the snowblower! HA!