The postman only rang once ...

KathieB

I agree...you need to tell the doctor about the flippant/rude treatment you got over the phone! I'm so sorry this all happened! Even if the news was better than originally anounced, I'm sure you'll feel much better after a new check over.

Wow! What a scary call!

Oh Kathie sweetie what a shock this must have been, happy to hear that the situations seems to be somewhat clarified but still, no excuse for the nurse's way of acting, none whatsoever!

Sending huuuge hugs for both you and Lloyd and the girls. Will be waiting along with you for the 19th of May, :groucho: now what can we do to keep our minds occupied in the meantime?????

(((((((HUGS)))))))

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all of your for your encouragement and support. Lloyd's procedure was this morning. Another polyp was found and removed, sent for biopsy. We'll call the doctor in a week or so, when we get back from California. We're both in a fog today from lack of sleep last night while following the dreaded prep regimine and general nerves. We napped this afternoon, but the day is pretty well shot. Lloyd is having some discomfort, which doesn't help.

Will be glad to leave tomorrow for a week of visiting and festivities. Guess I better start thinking about what to pack!

Kathie...enjoy your trip - sounds like it is much needed at this point. Darn Dr's. - can't live with 'em or without 'em :p

Glad the news was positive :p ...sounds like you two have been on a rollercoaster ride with this one.

Do have a wonderful and safe trip.

Chris

Wow. what a rollercoaster ride. Glad to hear it wasn't cancer. That is unacceptable, i would complain to the doctor.

In defense of nurses, keep in mind that most doctors offices are now staffed with medical assistants. Not saying that is an excuse, but it can a difference. I've worked in several clinics/offices and you can tell who the nurse is and who the medical assistant is when it comes to explaining lab results. The unfortunate thing is that receptionists will say "let me have you talk to the nurse" when in actuality you're not talking to a real nurse, you're talking to an MA. The thing about that is you can't say you are a nurse if you aren't licensed. That is my little pet peeve. :p

Sorry if i offend any MA's out there

Kathi, enjoy your trip! We are all hoping and praying that this latest test will prove to be non-cancerous! Inflamed is one thing, but cancerous is a terrible state. At least you can breath easier now!

OMG :p:D to qoute a master "what a load of kaka!"

Actually, no kaka at all after the two doses of Phos Soda ... :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist! :p )

Oh Kathie :p is he feeling better today? Have ben thinking of you both and keeping fingers crossed for a good result, not sure if I should say a "positive" or a "negative" result :D ... So hope for a quick result and a good one!

Have a great trip now and enjoy the time away!

HUGS to both of you!

I've been away for a couple of days and just now catching up .. I'm SO glad it wasn't cancerous, and had spread over all this time! Ralph had a couple of polyps removed too, when he had his colonoscopy..and also had some discomfort afterwards, so I appreciate what you're dealing with! I hope it all turns out well ...uh...in the end.. Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Thanks for the good wishes. We won't know if it's cancerous until the biopsy comes back next week. We're not going to think about it for a week. He's feeling better today and thinks he can manage sitting on a plane for several hours tomorrow. I hope so. It's nonstop KC to San Diego, no rest stops!

Kathie -

I've just seen this thread. I'm so sorry that you and Lloyd have had to go through all of this. I'm sending warm wishes and hugs. Please have a relaxing holiday, and I'll pray for more good news when you return.

You'll be missed but I'm so glad you're getting away for a trip.

Hugs

-Susanne