What is Greenleaf Select?

• 2 years later...

Just came across this thread while searching, has anything happened with this? Has it ever been decided if the Victorianna will be re-released? I really hope so, it looks too cute.

Just came across this thread while searching, has anything happened with this? Has it ever been decided if the Victorianna will be re-released? I really hope so, it looks too cute.

You are not the only one!!!

That would be a house I would bust open my budget for...ESPECIALLY in 1/2 scale!!! :p

I agree Amanda!! I really didn't like the half scale, but I would build another if it was the victoriana. I also thought it was the McKinley - was hoping that was built in the Select. Bummed

• 2 years later...

I'll bet everyone will LOVE the birch. My Hofco is birch, and was super-great to work with. I've never worked with the other type, but they look to be harder to put together to me, all the taping, etc.

Except when it gets old and brittle and has to be babied I've had fun building with the luan, and I use tape on the dry fit and glued edges, regardless. But the birch sure is pretty!

All that I want is the Victorianna pictured in the start of this thread. I don't care what wood or how it is cut. I was told it should be out this month, I'm keeping hopes up!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ignorance abounding,i guess most kits are luan? i wish the one i have was birch(Duracraft Ashley). it seems so rough,and i just hope i haven't let it sit too long until it is a mess to put together! i have had it probably a decade,was long forgotten.i can certainly see why the select kits are so desirable. maybe they don't deteriorate so much if you don't get to them for awhile? thanx,Kat

ignorance abounding,i guess most kits are luan? i wish the one i have was birch(Duracraft Ashley). it seems so rough,and i just hope i haven't let it sit too long until it is a mess to put together! i have had it probably a decade,was long forgotten.i can certainly see why the select kits are so desirable. maybe they don't deteriorate so much if you don't get to them for awhile? thanx,Kat

If stored properly the wood in your kit should be fine. I have a DuraCraft Lafayette that's been in the garage and now in the closet for more than 15 years and its fine. I was checking it out just a few months ago. The birch plywood is a finer grain finish than the luan mahogany. I really like it (the half scale laser cut houses are made of thinner birch plywood) but the luan works too. :)

thanx,Debora.that puts me more at ease,as my kit has been inside the whole time.i just got it out and it actually smells 'woody',not as icky musty as i was afraid of.now i am more anxious to get it started,baby steps and whining a little,but excited as all get out! luan mahogany-here i go to google that.a big :thankyou:

• 7 months later...

I can't even imagine what house I will want to do next... I kept thinking the Queen Anne, but that is so big! I'm thinking something much smaller... LOL..

suggestions?

~morning

http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Greenleaf.html

http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Corona-Concepts.html

I'm thinking maybe the Coventry Cottage & the Vintage Mini Travel Trailer to add to the Garfield's 'property'.. My Beloved asked me if I was going to put an address on this property.. I said of course. He then asked if I would require him to do a "owner chain of title report" on it, and asked how far back I'd want him to go.... *headdesk* I love his sense of humor, most days. The board that the Garfield goes on is huge. There would be room for both houses, easily. If not, I can always use the other board and just get a second covering. :) Easy-peasy. :D That will have to wait until I'm finished with this one though. I think what I will do though, is start squirreling away the money to get the other two things, so I can at least have the kits put aside for when I'm ready for them. As soon as the Garfield is finished, I'll want to begin working on the others.. :D

Thank you for your help in finding something else to work on when this is finished havanaholly!!! *kisses*

~morning

There's going to be the Allison, the Coventry Cottage, the Travel Trailer.. Golly, when I'm done, I'll have a whole town. I hope wherever we move to has an attic or some extra room so I have room to put the houses LOL. :D The Garfield will be the biggest one.. My Beloved is going to think I've lost my mind. I'll just have to ask him to do property searches on all the houses LOL (just kidding).. :D It'll keep me busy, that's for certain. I might have to consider some beach front property too :D

<3 <3 <3 <3

~morning

Archived