Bh tower wall

Why is it that sometimes, while you're doing something, you don't realize you're forgetting to do something that you knew you should do, and you remember it, but now it's too late???? lol Confused, yet?lol I know that I read somewhere (maybe it was Gina's blog) that you should side the tower wall before you add the mansard roof--well guess who didn't do that, and realized it just today when I looked at the space. I remember someone saying you could create a template, add the siding, and then glue it in...guess that's what I'll have to do. Looks a bit tricky...but I'm sure it can be done. I will definately remember that for the next house!

Well, at least someone else will learn from my little blunder :lol:

I am making a mental note to remember this tip but l am bound to forget once I get to that stage. Maybe it should be in the kit instructions - or maybe it already is. I'll go and check once I get of the computer.

Cathy do you mean that tight little side tower wall thats really small next to the mansard roof? If thats what you mean then dont feel bad about it because I also didnt side mines before I put it together either..lol I only realized how easy it would have been to do it before when it was too late.

I think the instructions dont tell you about siding because that area is left unsided on the box photo and also the mansard roof in that hole is left unshingled. I was about to do it with a template for the shingles and I just sided normally for the wall. I had to use glue gun flexible glue sticks to hold my siding in place until it dried though.

Gina, yep, that's the wall,lol. I think if I had a really long pair of forceps I could get them in there. Also, there is a tiny little section of wall from that 3rd floor room (perpendicular to that tower wall) that is going to be tricky too...that's why I thought I 'd use a template. I was also thinking that it's just about 1 1/4 inches wide, and maybe 3 inches long, and it's set soooo far back there...maybe I could just paint that tiny little section without bringing too much attention... Oh well, live and learn right :)

I am going to finish all the other siding, and then I will work on the tiny walls. I only have the wall by the living room bay and the living room side wall to finish...

Gina,

Since I put the siding on before the windows, I imagine I won't have a lot of "filling" to do, will I?? I'm just thinking about when I should do all the little touch ups--(I don't want to get everything "perfect" and mess it up putting in the windows, but then once I put in the windows, I dont' want to mess them up either,lol)...before or after the windows...guess I doesn't matter, I'll still have touch ups after the windows,lol Decisions...decisions

Success! I have finished the siding on the BH---including that crazy little tower wall! I didn't wind up using a template--I was able to use my exacto knife and gently "stab" the piece of siding and then position it in place--worked like a charm. Because the tower is a little larger wall is a little larger than I thought, I was able to just slide the pieces in there and position them--no problem! What a relief to have the siding finished.

Now if I can ever choose the accent colors...I may be able to move on with the windows!!

Success! I have finished the siding on the BH---including that crazy little tower wall! I didn't wind up using a template--I was able to use my exacto knife and gently "stab" the piece of siding and then position it in place--worked like a charm. Because the tower is a little larger wall is a little larger than I thought, I was able to just slide the pieces in there and position them--no problem! What a relief to have the siding finished.

Now if I can ever choose the accent colors...I may be able to move on with the windows!!

I know what you mean about being glad to finish the siding - I felt just the same. Can't decide which I like best siding or shingling ... NEITHER!!

Jackie

Cathy I put on my siding first as well and I didnt have any touch ups to do around the windows. I guess thats what I love about putting windows over the siding. Leave touch ups for last though because if not, youll just have to keep coming back to them as you add more things to the house. I hate siding so much. I remember the Beacon drove me insane with the siding because of all the walls. lol

I guess the only reason I really enjoyed the siding this time was that it went on so much better this time---and once I got it all painted, it went really quick...and I was so happy that I was actually getting something accomplished, :insane: . Next house, who knows, I may hate it...

Actually, if I have any luck with a paperclay "stone" foundation on the BH, I'd like my next house to be the Chantilly...and I'd like to do it in some type of stone....