4/27/08 How do you dress your Dog???

heidiiiii

I hardly eat hot dogs, but when i do it's ketchup and mustard only.

I used to eat just mayonnaise and chopped onions on my dogs. Gross, i can't believe i did that.

Now if i eat any of this kind of stuff at all it's Johnsonville Brats. They are soooooo much better than hot dogs!

When we first started going out Chris worked on Thursdays and Saturdays at the supermarket. When I was at his house on the weekend or Thursdays, I always had the option of eating what his parents were eating, or what he was eating. Thursdays he'd finish at 8pm, and when he got home his favourite dinner was plain hot dogs in plain buns with pringles. That was it. No garnishes or anything else. Needless to say I usually ate with his parents those nights :w00t:

I like anything on mine. Usually whatever I have in the fridge. I do like the Chicago dogs too though, yummy. And I have now introduced Chris to (beany) chilli dogs, and he loves them!

Muriel :groucho:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't eat hotdawgs but once or twice a year. Always with mustard/onions. The guys all like Nathan's and Boarshead dogs. When I was a kid I hated the big pots of red dogs in boiling water! Yuck! Hotdogs taste so much better off a grill.

Now how about barbeque? That's always going to be an issue down here! How about where you all are? Hickory pit smoked pork or chicken with mustard sauce is my childhood pap. We have several local places that have fame and infamy. One lost his shine over some personal blatant racial issues that made the public look twice at his product and decide to go elsewhere where the food is much more 'digestible'. Our favorite is probably Sheally's in Batesburg-Leesville which serves BBQ in a variety of sauces: mustard, tomato/catsup, vinegar/pepper. Always a line there on the weekend and really great food!

Okay...this is a really fattening way to eat hot dogs and I have only done it a couple of times..I swear.

There is a way that they make hot dogs in NJ and they call them Rippers. You put the hot dogs in hot oil and they split open from the cooking.

Saw it on tv and we had to try it. OMG it was good! Do not do it anymore cause of the cholestrol.

Lol, I'm subscribed to this thread, and if I haven't had an email saying there's a new post in a couple days, I forget what it is about. So whenever I get an email I imagine an actual dog with a little coat or knitted jumper, and try and remember what I wrote on that thread to be subscribed... I click the link, and of course as soon as i see onions, pickles, ketchup, etc, I remember what it is really about. But it makes me smile every time I click the link, imagining little dogs all dressed up.

She's really cute Heidi!

I want a long haired chihuahua, but have yet to convince Chris it is a dog that we need to get at some point. We're still renting for a while, so will be a few years yet, but if I start trying to convince him now we might get there :)