Dollhouse instructions get an upgrade

dollhouseinstuctions_thumb.jpgDollhouse Instructions always have room for improvement… until now!  Thanks to Ben Anderson, the instructions for the Orchid Dollhouse Kit and the Buttercup Dollhouse Kit are now fully illustrated! Ben contacted me when he was working on his Garfield Dollhouse with the idea of illustrating the building process.  He sent along some drawings that knocked our socks off.  After discussing his Garfield, Ben volunteered to move forward on a complete set of instructions, so I sent him out both the Buttercup and Orchid to choose from.  I guess Ben had a hard time deciding which one to work on, so he did both!  I am truly amazed at not only his drawings, but his generosity.  His hard work will no doubt benefit miniaturist for decades to come and he has made two great products even better. Greenleaf is forever grateful for his amazing contribution!

Greenleaf will be including Ben’s new instructions in the Orchid Dollhouse Kits starting with our next production run scheduled for next week… the Buttercup is soon to follow.  There’s no need to go out and buy an new kit, because Ben provided the instructions in PDF format and they are available at the Greenleaf Miniature Community Download Area.  You will also find a copy of the Greenleaf Warm-up which is a starter sheet included in all our kits.  This tip sheet was also converted by Ben.

Thanks again Ben!

ShareThis

View the full article at Dolllhouse-Kits.com
  • Like 1

Ben is SO sweet to do this for us! We have come to realize most of these instructions were written long ago, when many products had different formulas and we didn't have the choices available to us now, so THANK YOU for the update, and a super-big THANK YOU to Ben for the diagrams!

Thank you, Ben. Having done the Orchid, I know how difficult it was trying to understand the bay window from the instructions. I'm sure your improvements will make a world of difference.

Dean, thanks also for continuing to bring us the best of dollhouses and also for the upgrades to the forum. I have noticed that we now have the tabs written on our profiles and also I like the alphabetical listing of users who have visited so much better.

Thanks to you both.

• 1 month later...

Those look terrific! Almost makes me want to go out and buy those houses! :D I'd love to see an updated set of Garfield instructions, some time...and figure out what I did wrong! :groucho:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Ben. You have earned yourself a special place in heaven. I bought a second hand Glencroft kit and have been struggling. So many times if only there were a few more diagrams it would make the going a lot easier. My next kit may be a Buttercup or Orchid as the instructions will be streamlined. Kudos!

• 2 months later...
Large bouquets for Ben ... and three cheers for Greenleaf (Dean) recognizing a great service to mini builders everywhere! :p

It's about time the instructions got revamped but it doesn't matter if they are in a format one's computer cannot download. Does anyone have the Fairfield instructions in jpg or gif form? I'd really appreciate them. Thanks.

Kudos to Ben! Great job! Do you think you will do this for all of the Greenleaf and Corona dollhouses? It would really help newbies and some of us more "experienced" folks with some of the challenges?

• 14 years later...