LUNDBY BASH?

ouchouch

okay I know you can't really "bash" a lundby. But I was wondering if anyone has ever tried at least re-wallpapering it and re-flooring it? I've always wanted one(and lundby houses comes up in ebay from time to time) but that god-awful 70's pattern just throws me off.

And hi! It's been a long time. ;)

i dont think it looks that bad when its done. check out my gallery. I suppose if you got an old lundby and repapered and floord and just go t new lundby furniture shipped over from sweeden it wouldnt be so bad. if i had a second one i would do that. im a sucker for the 70s stockholm. the new stockholm i hate. the gotenberg is alright but i love that stockholm its got a garage a stable a skylight and 3 porches.

Jeff- I absolutely LOVE your 70's style Lundby! Great job on keeping it original. I too would have been tempted to rennovate until I read Family Doll Houses by Vivian Greene (also written in the 70's era--LOL!) and understood how dollhouses are almost like fossils, or time capsules-if you will, of what community and living was about during a particular era. They are, indeed, if preserved properly-- tiny pieces of history. Your sister's Lundby perfectly encapsulates the type of lifestyle, furnishings, accessories, etc... that would have been prevalent in the 1970's. Bravo to you, Jeff :birthday: , for protecting the integrity of the origins of your very "groovy" Lundby. It's beautiful! ;)

unfortunately all i can say i have is the house itself and the horse and some small odds and ends that are original. all those pics are from someone elses lundby but thats what i would like mine to look like one day. (after lots of ebay searcing for furniture) So if anyone reading this has anything featured in that house and want to sell it shoot me a pm. ;)

Darn! Went there and checked it myself and I am sorry but there has been some change since I were there last (some time ago ....) and one now has to become a paying member to get access to her 150-200 dollhose collection, yikes didn't know she had THAT many...

Hugs

i think that one and the one that was all white except for the plastic parts which were pink were 2 of the stupidest releases they had but hey that one is great for what you wanted to do to it.