My Tennyson rehab, given to me

justmesue

This house was identified to be an Artply Tennyson, however according to the owner of Out Of The Ordinary, full line miniature shop, this particular model, with the covered top porch and fancy railing, was copied and manufactured by Pesident's Choice about 15 years ago. This is my progress pic. Luckily it had not been assembled with hot glue, so I didn't need to totally disassemble it.

Cool!

I built an artply tennyson...the wood trim was so bad and dry, it was hard to find a piece that is a complete piece of smooth wood. The edges on most of the trim came off in splinters...anyway, it looked so bad i decided to make my house into a witches house and weathered it and it was the perfect house for a witches house so you don't even notice that the trim pieces look bad. :) I didnt' enjoy putting the railing together either...first i didn't have instructions and although someone mailed a copy to me they didn't include the schematics so the instructions were basically worthless....so i winged it with this house. It was a pain to figure out what pieces were what for the porch railings....they weren't all the same size so i had to guess and modify.

I have since purchased a Greenleaf Tennyson....i love the fact that this kit has a foundation so it looks more normal as a house and the porch railing is all one piece so it should be easier to put together. I hope this kit will be in better shape. :)

my artplay tennyson arrived today. I haven't open the box but now I'm scared to! I never follow directions anyway! LOL. I'll let you know what I find in the "box"! I kit bashed the railing on my Arthur so we'll see what I decide to do with this one. It will be a little while though as I want to finish the Arthur first.

I've been making progress on the interior. Got the kitchen in, I bashed an old worthless set, that otherwise would not have been used. I'm working on the livingroom, and if I could put two pics at a time in here it would be easier. So, livingroom will be in next shot. Hope you like it!