finishing back edges

From looking at a lot of your pictures, it appears that some of you finished the back edges of your houses. If you do, what do you use? I know I could probably eventually figure it out, but my brain is tired, so thought I'd get ideas from the pros. :p

Thanks in advance for your help (yet again!)

Kathy

I have thought of four solutions.

1 use channel molding

2 use channel molding wit rope molding on top

3 wrap paper around it before wallpaper sided etc.

4 what i plan to do use channel molding with little magnets so the back can off. ( i am building a removable back)

I use corner moulding to finish the back edges and exposed floor edges. I tend to buy it in 3 or 4 dozen at a time and keep stocked up on it. You can look at most of my houses like the BH and the Willowcrest and see how it's used for finishing the edges. I also use it for finishing roof peaks to give them a clean and straight look.

Deb

I have a question to add to this topic.

Do you put the corner molding on first and the butt the siding up to it or do you extend the siding all the way to the edge and then put the molding over it?

I put molding on the horizontal parts, and I stucco the vertical parts....this way they look like the ends of walls if they were cut, and the floor parts are finished like the floors.......

These are all great ideas. I actually never thought about covering the back edges. I usually paint them but they don't look as nice as covering them would look.

I use strip wood most of the time. I have painted the edges, but for that to look its best, I found that I had put a thin coat of wood filler on the edge, sand it, and then paint it. Roof peaks get corner moulding.

;)

With the thinner wood I generally sand & spackle the edges and prime them, and if I use wallpaper I sometimes wrap a bit of it around the edge, otherwise paint it a neutral color. I also like the channel molding and ribbon for finishing the edges.